Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

How much milk for a 8 month old

(8 Posts)
kbaby Wed 09-Feb-05 21:27:50

Just wondering if DD was getting enough but I dont know whats normal.
Thanks

ChocolateGirl Wed 09-Feb-05 22:28:37

Kbaby, I think (but I'm not sure) that baby should be getting three breastfeeds a day. Or 3 bottles equivalent to roughly a pint (I think). Is that any help?

ghosty Wed 09-Feb-05 23:01:45

At 8 months DD was having 3/4 breastfeeds a day.
I went down to 2 breastfeeds and one bottle of fomula at 8.5 months and dropped breastfeeding altogether at 9.5 months. She then had 3 bottles a day (200mls morning and night and 150mls at 2pm) ... I recently dropped the 2pm bottle just before her 1st birthday last week ... so she is now on 2 bottles of formula a day.
I would switch to cow's milk but I like the added vitamins in the formula ....

sievehead Wed 09-Feb-05 23:08:07

Mine were on about 3 7oz feeds per day at that age, plus probably 3 meals. don't know if this is normal or not, but they slept well on it!

KathH Thu 10-Feb-05 15:04:02

i seem to remember being told they should be having about a pint - mine wouldnt drink that much so had lots of yoghurts, veggies with cheese sauce etc.

vict17 Thu 10-Feb-05 15:07:01

My ds was (and still is) having 3 7oz bottles - one on waking, one at about 2.30pm and one before bed.

Beansmum Thu 10-Feb-05 15:09:02

ds is 8 months and gets 3/4 breast feeds a day. he's in nursery 3 days a week and gets a 7oz bottle of EBM then. He also gets cows milk on his cereal in the morning and lots of things like cheese sauce and yoghurts,

lunarx Fri 11-Feb-05 17:31:34

DS (who is 7.5 months) is having anywhere between 16-21oz. a day of formula. he is on 3 meals a day, as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: