Talk

Advanced search

Should I reduce night feeds for 10 month old DS?

(2 Posts)
weeglenny Wed 30-Jul-08 17:19:47

DS is 10 months old and is BF although now I'm giving him solids too.

He's always been a poor sleeper and at one point was waking up every hour during the night for a feed, sometimes for comfort, sometimes for a 'proper' feed. He's a bit better than that now, but still wakes up every 2 - 3 hours in the night for a feed, while his daytime feeds have dropped to perhaps 3 a day.

He's starting to get teeth now (his two bottom incisors are through) and I think the guidance is to stop all night feeds to avoid any tooth decay?

So I'm after some advice please on whether you think I should be trying to increase his feeds during the day, to make him stretch out his night time feeds? I don't think at this stage I could cut out his night feeds altogether. And to be clear, I'm not expecting him to sleep through the night (although that would be wonderful) but a little less waking would be pretty good

TIA - sorry for the long post...

OurHamsterisevil Wed 30-Jul-08 23:02:40

At 10 months he really shouldn't need fedding at night from a hunger point of view. It really is probably a comfort thing. He is maybe using it to settle himself when he wakes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now