Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a brand of nursing bra?

(20 Posts)
Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 29-Jul-08 21:57:59

I am ideally after one where my nipples won't stick through my tops if I'm chilly grin. I want one that's pretty but holds a good shape under tops where you can't see every line sticking out if that makes sense (makes a smooth shape like a t-shirt bra does.

What do you love and why??

WilfSell Tue 29-Jul-08 22:05:04

I haven't found a t shirt bra but the very best nursing bra is my Anita underwired one. Not cheap but like a proper bra and no nasty seamy stuff or sagging. You can buy them online. if you use breastpads you won't get any peanut smuggling action anyway grin

Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 29-Jul-08 22:10:16

oh yes that does look lovely - I would get a 34DD but they only do D, then E - what would be a good alternative??

Mummyfor3 Tue 29-Jul-08 22:10:31

Bravado, every time! Available lots of places online or their own website, lots of funky colours, too, if you like! Not cheap but v comfy, v supportive (I am currently size 38 F grin), no underwire, not see through under white T-shirt, cotton on the inside and close at the back like convetional bra. This last feature was important to me as I struggled with over-the-head racer back NCT bras which I liked otherwise with prev DCs.

WilfSell Tue 29-Jul-08 22:49:26

noooooo, Anita do bigger sizes than that cos mine are mahoooosive... Wherre are you looking?

I hate the Bravado ones meself.

maybug Tue 29-Jul-08 23:14:59

The Bravado ones look really good. Also found they have a Bravado one much cheaper on the Bloomin' Marvellous website...
I have some from Mothercare and find them really uncomfortable so I wouldn't recommend them.

NoBiggy Tue 29-Jul-08 23:18:01

I had some Emma-Jane ones, they had zips which I found easier to use (apart from catching skin shock)

Didn't look all that though, tbh.

AnotherFineMess Tue 29-Jul-08 23:22:56

Elle McPherson Intimates I think it's called - I had a purple one that was really comfy, supportive & lasted through 2 pregnancies & 23 months of feeding, so well worth the £30 or whatever it was.

chipmonkey Tue 29-Jul-08 23:27:10

This time, I actually found some good ones in M &S. Not particularly gorgeous but nipples definitely not on show!

chipmonkey Tue 29-Jul-08 23:28:05

I got some years ago with zips but the zips all broke after a while! V. annoying!

mamalovesmojitos Tue 29-Jul-08 23:31:29

i second the elle mcpherson. very pretty.

mamalovesmojitos Tue 29-Jul-08 23:31:31

i second the elle mcpherson. very pretty.

harpomarx Tue 29-Jul-08 23:35:29

elle macpherson, definitely. Only one that actually looked decent. Have even worn it when run out of proper bras (stopped breastfeeding 3 years ago some time ago) blush

chipmonkey Wed 30-Jul-08 00:05:07

Also, check out the Hotmilk range on figleaves but they do seem to run out of them very quickly! They are gorgeous and very sexy unlike most nursing bras!

Wisknit Wed 30-Jul-08 08:15:16

Anita underwired

nik76 Wed 30-Jul-08 09:17:17

just ordered some ordered some from NCT and they are really good

JRocks Wed 30-Jul-08 09:20:03

I loved my elle mcpherson one too - It was lovely and like another poster have worn it since blush It's also been loaned to friends and it's still ooking great. Mine was a black lacy number grin

Essie3 Wed 30-Jul-08 21:05:34

Hotmilk if you're rich grin they're a fabulous fit and are like 'real' bras.

I bought several blush but figured it's the money I'm saving on formula!!

Thankyouandgoodnight Wed 30-Jul-08 21:11:50

Fantastic - thank you ladies. Now then - what do you think? I am a 34DD in the Elle McPhearson but the Anita doesn't do the 'double numbers', just D then E etc.

What size should I order for the Anita??

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

For nipple hiding you need this

Its a t-shirt bra, brand new, sooooooooooooooooooooooo comfy.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now