Talk

Advanced search

Advice on mixed feeding...

(8 Posts)
EdieMcredie Tue 29-Jul-08 19:24:37

...DD is almost 11 months old now, always been breastfed. I have been back at work now for a few weeks...I do a 14 hour shift on a Fri and an 8 hours shift on a Sat or Sun.

Expressing at work isn't going as well as I had hoped-I work for a busy mental health service and sometimes it's awkward finding a spare moment.

I was thinking of giving her formula while im at work-but breastfeeding the rest of the week. Would like to breastfeed her until she is around 3.

So, does this sound feasible? And what brand is particularly good for complimenting breastmilk? Any thoughts/ideas/advice welcome.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 29-Jul-08 19:33:36

Message withdrawn

EdieMcredie Tue 29-Jul-08 20:05:56

Fantastic, great advice. Bit confused about the whole cows milk thing...on a Friday, do I put some milk into cups for her to take to nursery or what?! Sorry I sound so stupid. So used to making her bottles of EBM.

She has cheese (and milk in cereal) but don't give her yoghurt daily...isn't that keen. She has been on vits since 6 months although has a very good and varied diet...loves her veg.

moondog Tue 29-Jul-08 20:09:12

You don't need to give her milk at all Mine had nothing but breastmilk, evendswho weaned at 11 mths. After that, just cheese and yoghurt.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 29-Jul-08 20:10:45

Message withdrawn

EdieMcredie Tue 29-Jul-08 20:13:54

Oh they probably do, will ask them.

Yes she drinks out of cups-has done from about 4 months. It was the bottle that was a nightmare!

Im sure she would have the yoghurt if we pushed it a bit.

Im so relieved!!!!!!

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 29-Jul-08 20:38:11

Message withdrawn

EdieMcredie Wed 30-Jul-08 07:11:42

She breastfeeds quite a bit-has the rec 20oz or more most days. Just getting over a bug so has increased over past few days.

She is an excellent eater, will scoff anything, and has always been a big girl.

Im going to go for it on a Friday, can't do any harm, she barely touches the EBM anyway.

Thanks for great advice SM and MD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now