Talk

Advanced search

Blue Green Algae/Spirulina safe to take whilst B-fing?

(4 Posts)
Helgicita Tue 29-Jul-08 15:53:02

I have been trying to get as healthy as possible and have been reading lots of books including Gillian Mckeith's where she recommends 'superfoods' such as blue green algae and spirulina.
Just wondered whether anyone out there has taken these or similar whilst bfing. Holland & Barrat couldn't say whether it was okay of course and I don't want to make a trip to the doctors.

misi Tue 29-Jul-08 16:45:33

I thought I had answered this but must have pressed the wrong button but theres nothing untoward in blue green algae. lots and lots of nutrients that will benefit your baby though. my XP also a herbalist took a concoction of blue green algae in powder form and liquid flax oil every day, and my little boy is super duper intelligent

blue green algae will have plenty of b vits too, so if your or your childs wee turns bright orange, DO NOT WORRY, it is the excess B12 the body is not using and is getting rid of!!

http://www.health4youonline.com/healthsupplementsaquasourcegreenenergy.htm

klamath blue green algae is the best, but spirulina etc are good too.

tiktok Tue 29-Jul-08 16:53:12

It's a food supplement, not a drug...no reason why it would be harmful when breastfeeding.

Helgicita Tue 29-Jul-08 17:09:00

Thanks guys that's brilliant
xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now