Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any tips for Breastfeeding a wriggling, climbing, smacking on and off, pinching, raspberry blowing nearly one year old?

(7 Posts)
WilfSell Mon 28-Jul-08 14:17:43

Because the wrestling and faffing about is getting very wearing in the heat...

And he seems to wish to feed all bleeding night if I let him (am too tired to so am trying to be firm...)

WilfSell Mon 28-Jul-08 16:54:03

Anybody? Puhlease?

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 28-Jul-08 16:58:12

In an ideal world I would say 'feed in a quiet cool place with few distractions' but of course in rl we have to get on with doing shopping/cooking/washing/insert here, so no use to you, Wilf.

(a long time since mine was feeding so I can't rememeber actually)

Sweaty, sympathetic bump

aurorec Mon 28-Jul-08 17:07:04

Anything he could play with while he's nursing? And if he's extra fussy because of the heat you could maybe express some milk and try to give him a cup to see if he drinks it more easily?

Otherwise I guess you could always tie him up... ;)

whomovedmychocolate Mon 28-Jul-08 20:03:29

Nursing beads and a firm no coupled with removal from the breast should gradually train him out of it eventually. It's horrible though, I sympathise. I'm regularly poked by number 1 and number 2 DC is now having a go too hmm

WilfSell Mon 28-Jul-08 20:13:37

thanks - really must get round to getting some nursing beads. Tying him up does seem a useful if somewhat cruel option right now... wink

isaidno Mon 28-Jul-08 20:15:54

A firm no, and remove him from the breast if he's messing should work. If he wants milk he will feed properly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now