Talk

Advanced search

Did your period come back normally or weirdly for the first time when breastfeeding?

(10 Posts)
alittleteapot Sun 27-Jul-08 18:57:24

I had a tiny bleed last week (like teaspoon max and same again a day later) and thought it was AF back after a year but didn't turn into anything, so then I got excited and thought it was an implantation bleed but I've just tested and got a BFN. Think will go to doc tomorrow just to check it out but I just wondered if anyone else had had a similar thing when AF returned or when ovulation was beginning to get back to normal when still bfing?

shreddies Sun 27-Jul-08 18:58:27

Mine were weird for a bit, think it's quite normal

alittleteapot Sun 27-Jul-08 19:07:35

thanks for reply - so do you think it's normal weird as in such a small amount? iv'e heard cycles can be all over the place but such a small bleed? could that be period?

ChocolateHobnob Sun 27-Jul-08 21:10:19

Mine was very weird - came back at 5 months (baby exc bf) and was very very heavy for several hours, too heavy to do anything really, then just sort of filtered to a very very light dribble for a few days.

I think what you're describing is probably normal - no harm in having a check up though I suppose! Good luck!

ChocolateHobnob Sun 27-Jul-08 21:10:19

Mine was very weird - came back at 5 months (baby exc bf) and was very very heavy for several hours, too heavy to do anything really, then just sort of filtered to a very very light dribble for a few days.

I think what you're describing is probably normal - no harm in having a check up though I suppose! Good luck!

alittleteapot Sun 27-Jul-08 22:03:52

thanks - yes will go anyway for reassurance i think

alittleteapot Mon 28-Jul-08 09:44:37

can't get an appointment today so would still love to hear if anyone else has anything this bizarrely tiny!

Olihan Mon 28-Jul-08 09:55:11

I had that for a couple of months. Streaky mucous, starts of what appeared to be normal periods that didn't come to anything, raging PMT with no period.

I got seriously stressed out by it all and went to the docs who did check hormones and took cervical swabs just in case but it was just to do with the bfing.

All this started when ds2 was about 10 months and AF arrived properly when he was 13mo.

HTH reassure you.

MrsBadger Mon 28-Jul-08 09:56:53

I can second raging PMT and no period sad

alittleteapot Mon 28-Jul-08 10:08:47

Thanks, that really does reassure.
Yes, raging PMT like never before - poor DP. But also terrible bladder as if there is pressure from uterus which is why I was sure something bigger was happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now