Talk

Advanced search

Best bottles to buy? I had Dr Brown bottles with the boys but they are a PITA to clean...

(7 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 26-Jul-08 11:54:03

or are they worth it??

DanJARMouse Sat 26-Jul-08 11:56:17

So worth it.

After a nightmare with DD1 on Avent, DD2 went onto Dr Browns and was a completely different baby, and DS is now on them too.

Yes, they are a PITA to clean, but if you have a dishwasher, stick them all in there.

I miss my dishwasher, so we are washing them by hand, but I wouldnt dream of giving him anything else.

electricluluarella Sat 26-Jul-08 11:56:22

i found avent and tommee tippee bottles just fine and reasonably priced... mine were never colicky or pukey.. am not convinced alll the fancy shmancy bottles do anything different, just that some babies are more prone to tummy ache, colic and possetting etc..

IIRC, when i bought my steriliser, a tommee tippee one, it came with 3 bottles.

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 26-Jul-08 11:58:56

Hmm, yes I remember DS1 vomited ALOT and someone recommended Dr Browns and we swapped and he was alot better.

Might save up for a table top dishwasher especially for the bottles!

Do you still have to sterilise them if they have been in the dishwasher.

DanJARMouse Sat 26-Jul-08 12:01:46

You dont have to sterilise at all.

I havent with DS. There is something on here in the archives about SCBU's not sterilising as babies need exposure to germs so washing in hot soapy water and left to air dry is reccomended.

Up to you though, I would say a dishwasher is enough to warrant not sterilising.

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 26-Jul-08 12:03:15

Hmmm, Ill look it up.

Would be alot easier.

Thanks x

Sullwah Sat 26-Jul-08 13:34:25

Dr Browns are fantastic. But yes, cleaning is a pain.

My DTs were full of wind. When they farted at 1 month I was never sure whether it was them or my DH!!

After switching to Dr Browns it all changed and they got a lot less windy.

Changed back to Avent at 4 months - easier to clean and travel with (cant really leave house with Dr Brown as leak everywhere even with the travel cap on).

So would recommend it for a few months - buy the 8oz bottles and dont bother to move to the second stage teat so you dont end up spending too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now