Talk

Advanced search

Hooray! I am now breastfeeding a TWO year old

(22 Posts)
Wallace Fri 25-Jul-08 21:09:29

Funnily enough it feels no different to bf a one year old grin

I am delighted to still be bf. Ds2 is my third baby and I did bf the other two until they were toddlers, but I never got as far as this

callmeovercautious Fri 25-Jul-08 21:11:28

Congratulations Wallace. I am 2 months behind you - just hoping DD wants to keep going too smile

theSuburbanDryad Fri 25-Jul-08 21:11:41

Well done!!

This is for you.

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Fri 25-Jul-08 21:12:04

then you should have a piece of cake, and take a squizz at www.kathydettwyler.org/detwean.html this, which someone else just linked to on another bfing thread

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 25-Jul-08 21:12:11

Congratulations!

Wallace Fri 25-Jul-08 21:12:31

Aw thanks

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Fri 25-Jul-08 21:12:39

oops link-challenged blush

fishie Fri 25-Jul-08 21:14:34

hooray. celebrate smile

i told all my neighbours i am bf 39mo tonight. they were nice. gosh i sound loon, it wasn't like that.

blueshoes Fri 25-Jul-08 21:31:17

Congrats Wallace. I too am 2 months behind, albeit a bit reluctantly. Ds won't give it up, he just wants it wants it. He is sweet though.

charitas Sat 26-Jul-08 08:44:11

congratulations Walllace,am virtually sharing my belgian chocolate cherries dipped in Kirsch with you. So important to get them used to the taste for hard liquor via breast milk.

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 26-Jul-08 08:49:06

Congratulations and welcome to the freaks club winkgrin.

<waves membership badge>

Jackstini Sat 26-Jul-08 22:04:59

Congrats Wallace - well done!! smile
dd is 2.4 and still having occasional feeds.
Funny isn't it, they only ever age a day at a time and I don't feel any different about feeding her now than when she was 1.4

PinkTulips Sat 26-Jul-08 22:11:16

i'll be joining you on monday grin

well done to you and ds, long may it continue grin

callmeovercautious Sun 27-Jul-08 20:37:17

Thought I would pop back and share a nice tale. I went out yesterday and had a few glasses of wine. I mentioned BFing (my guard was down!) - cue very shocked friends. However it ended up in a really good convo about extended bfing and what it was like etc. End result was a few friends going away thinking they would look up the benefits for their LOs. It was really nice smile

whomovedmychocolate Sun 27-Jul-08 20:46:13

Three months behind you and tandem feeding a newborn too. Good for you Wallace. It's weird isn't it? I'm scoffing tons of food and getting thinner every day hahahahah.

Wallace Mon 28-Jul-08 08:43:45

Well done WMMC and congratulations grin

That is lovely, cmoc, I haven't had any negative reactions, but like you I am very careful who I mention it to!

Happy Birthday to your ds, PinkTulips grin

moondog Mon 28-Jul-08 12:25:22

Brilliant. You must beso proud.

belgo Mon 28-Jul-08 12:28:32

Well donegrin. I'm hoping to get to the two year mark with baby number three - managed 12 months and 19 months with my first to and I especially regretted stopping bfing dd2.

And well done WWMC as well!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 28-Jul-08 12:30:55

Congratulations smile

Wallace Mon 28-Jul-08 21:19:05

Thank you.

I did have a lovely moment on friday morn (his birthday) when he was awake in the night and I gave him a bf snuggling in his bed, and I realised that it was exactly the same time that he would have been having his first bf two years ago.

He also was just wearing a nappy bcause of the heat so we having lovely skin-to-skin contact just like after he was born

minster Tue 29-Jul-08 09:25:23

Fabulous! Congratulations

PinkTulips Tue 29-Jul-08 20:36:22

awwwww, that's lovely grin

ds had a great day for his birthday (stuffed full of chocolate cake!) and i'm very proud of myself for getting this far. it's sad as when dd stopped feeding at 12 months i was relieved as she was always a difficult feeder and i was pregnant and knackered.... now i look at her and feel like i should encouraged her to keep going.

callmeovercautious.... i mentioned bf-ing ds to a friend last week and to my surprise she wasn't horrified or weirded out at all, surprised but interested and positive. i think maybe i've not been giving other moms enough credit for being open minded by not telling anyone blush

WMMC, congrats... i heard you gave birth but hadn't stumbled across your birth announcment thread yet. hope it's all going well so far smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now