Talk

Advanced search

he doesn't like milk anymore..what to do? 6 months old..

(9 Posts)
sasa15 Tue 08-Feb-05 09:37:16

HE use to finish his bottle all the time...
now he's never happy about drinking milk...

he only drink 4 oz each time and I need to sing a nice song during ...otherwise he will stop at 1-2oz...

he has cereal and cow milk(3oz) at 7.30am
and then the bottle...
I tried the other way around and was the same,,,

then lunch at 11.45am sometimes with 2oz of milk as drink...

2.30 bottle 4-5oz
5.00 tea
6.45 bottle force to drink 7oz in 40 min.

he only has vegeteble with rice for tea...

TracyK Tue 08-Feb-05 09:40:42

still sounds like enough - as long as you give him cheese/yoghurt and other milky things to eat during the day. Are you still using the teat on the bottles - maybe he wants to be a big boy and have a proper cup?? or maybe just a phase and he'll go back to it.

colditzmum Tue 08-Feb-05 09:44:14

Cheese, yoghurt, cheesy sauces can all replace milk. My child is a milk-a-holic, so I have the opposite problem, and he is nearly 2! It looks lke he is already getting enough though.

catgirl Tue 08-Feb-05 09:46:27

do you currently heat his milk? My ds went off warm milk, but drinks loads of cold milk.

sasa15 Tue 08-Feb-05 12:46:19

thank u for all your advice, I'll give more yogurt cheese and I'll try cold milk...

gscrym Tue 08-Feb-05 12:48:24

Try the little bottles of drinky yogurt if he can manage them.

Mirage Tue 08-Feb-05 13:18:53

Sasa15,I had exactly the same thing with dd at about 5 months.She was doing what your ds was & we had to battle with her to get her to take 2.5 -3oz.

I asked my HV about it & she said that some babies just don't like milk & that her dd never drank any milk after she was 7 months old.

Her advice was to try & get the baby to eat milky puddings,yogurts,cheese,sauces made with milk ect.

We followed her advice & dd is a healthy 17 month old now-who loves her milk.

Good luck

sasa15 Thu 10-Feb-05 10:08:15

only 2 oz this morning but happy ....
how can????

didn't have porrdige either...because is a bit constopated I think...(just a little stool yesterday)...will give only water, try again with milk...vegetebles for lunch and yogurt...

a bit worried...will go to HV next monday...

sasa15 Thu 10-Feb-05 19:34:51

had only vegeteble pure for lunch plus small yougurt....
1oz milk noon
and vegeteble pure again for tea

he surprisely drunk all 7oz bedtime...in 5min.

basically cut on solid...and back to square one..
I WAS GIVING TOO MUCH PASTA FOR LUNCH...
I'm italian!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now