Talk

Advanced search

6.5 month old throwing up last bottle

(5 Posts)
gingernut88 Wed 23-Jul-08 19:29:35

My DD keeps throwing up her last bottle of formula all of a sudden - any ideas why? our routine is 200ml about 7am, breakfast of porridge and fruit, lunch at 11.30, bottle 200ml at 2.30, then tea at 5pm and bottle at 6.30pm. Its just the last bottle that she's bringing up, and then she wants more to drink but i am concerned about giving her more. I have tried the goodnight milk with cereal in and she throws that up too!! It seems to be her tea that comes up, so am i feeding her too much food? thanks

Seona1973 Wed 23-Jul-08 19:54:47

how much does your lo take at the last bottle? When dd started doing that I ended up cutting the last bottle by an ounce or two and the throwing up stopped. Its either that or you cut the amount you offer at dinner.

tab1 Wed 23-Jul-08 19:56:31

She is probably still full after dinner, i'd move dinner a bit earlier or bottle later.

Egg Wed 23-Jul-08 19:56:49

Does she have a cold at all? My DS2 is 6 months and has been throwing up a lot lately (although more often first bottle of day than last) as he is so full of snot [bleurgh emoticon].

gingernut88 Thu 24-Jul-08 10:25:46

she tends to take around 160 ml at this feed, so not a huge amount, but might be full from tea, so will move that forward and cut out the yogurt I think - see how it goes as I want her to get the milk rather than the food that late in the day! thanks for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now