Talk

Advanced search

Help with cups!

(5 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Tue 22-Jul-08 21:51:22

Ds is refusing a bottle, but at 7mos, my BFC has suggested I should just move to giving ds ebm in cups. I've used a doidy cup and a couple of Tommee Tippee sippy cups with limited success - he refuses to put the mouth piece in mouth and just wants to bang it against his highchair grin
She mentioned a Heinz cup, a narrow beaker with a mouthpiece with 5 holes. Can anyone suggest a similar non-Heinz alternative?
Or should I just keep trying with the doidy or Tommee Tippees?
Any tips would be helpful! I've been trying all the cups with water after his meals btw.

WarmFuzzy Tue 22-Jul-08 22:14:28

I've posted about these Playtex bottles before. I'm honestly not an agent but I do think they are great.

They aren't recommended for babies that young but DS2 was nicking DS1's from about 7 months. They are dishwasher safe.

BouncingTurtle Wed 23-Jul-08 09:06:24

I think those cups would be too big for him, but thanks anyway!
Anyone else?

Seona1973 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:03:59

have you tried the tommee tippee first cup? It is freeflowing so they dont need to suck much to get the liquid out. It will take a wee while for your lo to get the hang of using them but with perseverence and practice your lo should eventually work it out.

littlemum2 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:43:23

Hi
I am having same problem. My daughter is also 7 months and wont take a bottle for love nor money. I've been trying both the tommy and doidy. After 4 weeks she'll take a couple of little sips but very reluctantly. It's certainly not enough to be able to give up breastfeeding or even cut out a feed.
My health visitor told me to spoon feed the milk - just to get it down them. She does take it from a spoon but it is so time consuming.
Do you mind me asking - are you giving up on the bottle completely? My worry is that I'm going back to work in a couple of months and will have to quit breast feeding completely - I'm worried she wont get the same quantity / comfort from a cup.
Sorry I haven't been much help but it's so nice to know someone else is having the same problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now