Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mixed fed baby gone off breast completely - please help, I don't want to give up bf!

(4 Posts)
Sal22 Tue 22-Jul-08 14:34:18

My 3 and a half month old baby has been mixed fed for the last 3 months or so. He was perfectly fine on breastfeeding (even seemed to prefer that to bottle) with a good latch, but I've messed it up completely by giving too many bottles lately, and now he won't take my breast at all.

I've had great advice re skin-to-skin, how to increase supply etc (thanks VS, S), but would love to see someone in person just in case I'm doing something wrong, as he screams blue murder when he sees my nipple, arches his back to get away, etc.

How do I go about finding out finding someone? I've called the baby clinic, and the lady there didn't know about the details, but said I could attend the breastfeeding lunch on Friday, which I'm going to do now anyway. Thanks in advance, and sorry for the essay. Oh, I'm in SE10 btw.

MrsBadger Tue 22-Jul-08 14:36:15

ring any or all of the phone numbers on the righthand side of Hunker's blog

cmotdibbler Tue 22-Jul-08 14:37:59

All contact details on here. And zillions of breastfeeding support groups listed on NCT site

Sal22 Tue 22-Jul-08 15:35:26

Thank you. I'll join a breastfeeding group for some support as well, but thought I'd just give you an update: I just got him to drink again!!! gringrin

Not in our "usual" way, but low in his sling with my left hand on his head and my right one under his bum! Particular little fellow - can you imagine the teenage years?! I'm hoping / guessing we'll slowly but surely go back to drinking in different poses, as I'm stopping with all bottles for the moment (will cup feed - big surprise for dh tonight).

And to any of you helping out as volunteers on those lines (and on here of course) - I can't tell you how much this has meant to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now