Talk

Advanced search

6 months fast approaches...

(6 Posts)
blondiep14 Mon 21-Jul-08 18:50:45

And everyone is asking when I'm going to start feeding DS 'proper' food (he is still exc. bf currently).
I plan on introducing solids at 6 months, probably starting with baby porridge or similar & seeing how things go, but to keep bf-ing.
DS has suddenly turned into a fitful sleeper after having been a good sleeper. Cue SIL 'he's probably hungry' type comments. Now, I am sticking to my guns and saying it's nothing to do with needing solids, but am i right?!
To be honest he is feeding less I would say, maybe only having one boob instead of two - only a few times a week but obviously i notice (he's absolutely fine in his happy little self).
So is there a link between becoming nocturnal, having less boob very occassionally and being ready for solids???

sorry, that's turned out to be a bit longer than it sounded in my head blush !!

Ineedsomesleep Mon 21-Jul-08 20:19:25

Have you thought of Baby Led Weaning?

fourlittlefeet Mon 21-Jul-08 20:23:27

lol - I just came on the thread to suggest BLW. Check out this site.

we did baby led weaning (still did porridge in the mornings with grated apple once regular meals were established so its not forbidden to use a spoon). it was amazing, didn't have to do all that carrying around of small pots of food. DD is now 14 months and eats really well. had her pincer grip sorted by 7 months, so could pick up those morsels.

Good luck, its a lovely time. can get frustrating if you prepare loads of purees and they get rejected. blw means you don't have to suffer going through all that crap!

LackaDAISYcal Mon 21-Jul-08 20:23:43

It probably is hunger, but for more breastmilk, not solids; they have a bit of a growth spurt around this time but it's nothing that some more milk feeds wont cure.

Check out www.babyledweaning.com for some first foods ideas.

onwardandupward Mon 21-Jul-08 20:32:45

And if he's having less time on the book, it's probably because he's getting really efficient at getting the milk out fast

blondiep14 Tue 22-Jul-08 22:21:07

I'm looking in to, and leaning toward BLW, I feel is probably the best approach for us, tho maybe with some porridge or something thrown in (not literally!!).

DAISY what I figured, sometimes he'll have boob other times he just goes straight back to sleep so really have no worries he's actually hankering after a spag bol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now