Talk

Advanced search

can you freeze ready made up formula?

(10 Posts)
BlueDragonfly Mon 21-Jul-08 13:58:21

I can't express my breast milk and its not thru lack of trying!! SO for introducing baby rice purposes, can i freeze some ready made formula into ice cube trays? other wise i am going to wate a whole load of milk.

BlueDragonfly Mon 21-Jul-08 13:58:40

erm waste not wate hmm

BlueDragonfly Wed 23-Jul-08 12:04:06

bump

mears Wed 23-Jul-08 12:10:16

Don't think so.

What age is baby? If 6 months old you don't need to use baby rice at all.

BlueDragonfly Wed 23-Jul-08 12:15:46

5 months

i know the wait until 6 months thing. am struggling to feed him enough and am partly thinking ahead and partly wondering whether to add a little bit rice to some formula to make thick milk iyswim (not in a bottle!)

MrsBadger Wed 23-Jul-08 12:17:44

don't think so

after 6m you can mix the rice with full-fat cows' milk anyway, no need to buy formula at all.

2point4kids Wed 23-Jul-08 12:19:49

I think you can get sachets of formula powder in small amount like 7oz worth.
You could get some of those and then use only half a sachet at a time?

mears Wed 23-Jul-08 12:25:01

Starting baby rice won't necessarily help. You've only got 4 weeks to go - would be worth hanging on in there and bypassing baby rice and formula altogether.

I remember my DD started night waking again at 5 months but then settled again after upping the milk supply with extra feeds. She was the only one I waited till 6 months with - the other 3 I started on solids because I thought increased waking meant the need for food.

I never used formula for baby rice, I used water when I didn't have enough expressed milk.

BlueDragonfly Wed 23-Jul-08 12:26:04

oh! i had forgotten the full fat cows milk thing!

I haven;t seen the small powder sachets before (and i really should have seeing as how this is the only child of mine i haven't formula fedhmm)

BlueDragonfly Wed 23-Jul-08 12:27:36

i am trying to hold on. really i am! it makes life a hell of a lot easier over summer if he isn't having any kind of solid!

I have another thread "old Mother HUbbard" going about his feeds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now