Talk

Advanced search

Baby pulling on and off breast at feeding time

(2 Posts)
scorpio1 Mon 21-Jul-08 13:09:53

Millie is 13 weeks old and exc BF. She has started the last few days to latch on well, but pull on and off the breast.

My let-down is quite strong, she gulps and sometimes i just pull her off and wait for the spraying to stop, and she latches back on.

BUT after the letdown she pulls on and off, sucking quite hard, and shouting at my breast iyswim. She really pulls my nipples too.

This is happening with my left breast more, and sorry i dont know if this is anything to do with it but i am due a period soon (they came back early)

She only has like one or two bottles a week, i feed her when she wants, she sleeps through....this doesnt happen at every feed, i would say about 2 a day? She seems hungry.

Any ideas from my wafflings??

alexpolismum Mon 21-Jul-08 13:47:13

this pulling on and off made me think immediately of my own problem - see my thread here "screaming during breastfeeding" - I've been given some advice on dealing with a fast let down, perhaps it could help you too.

By the way, can I just say what a lovely name your daughter has.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now