Talk

Advanced search

Best Cup for 19 week old Breast Baby???

(5 Posts)
ConnorTraceptive Mon 21-Jul-08 10:56:07

Have been exclusively breastfeeding ds2 and have tried giving milk from a bottle with absolutely no joy. (tried avent and tommee tippee bottles). He just doesn't seem to get it. Just rolls the teat around his mouth or chews on it.

Am wondering if I may have more joy with a cup but have no idea which one might be most suitable for a young baby.

any tips? I really need for him to take an occassional feed from a cup or bottle.

ConnorTraceptive Mon 21-Jul-08 11:03:08

Obviously title should say breast fed baby not breast baby.

misspollysdolly Mon 21-Jul-08 11:04:59

I found the best cup for DS1 (had never had a bottle) was the NUK First choice learner bottle. It has no valve (much better for mouth growth/development) and a nice soft spout. Have just ordered some from Amazon for DS2 (25 weeks old) as I'm going to introduce some water/rooibos tea to him while I wean him.

Check it out here

Good luck!

MummyToOneForNow Mon 21-Jul-08 11:08:59

We used exactly the same NUK cup after lots of failed attempts with other cups (dd refused bottles). We also eventually had some luck with the basic Tommee Tippee first cup (about 99p from Tesco) and now she uses the TT ones for water and the NUK ones for milk.

ConnorTraceptive Mon 21-Jul-08 11:11:30

Thank you that's really helpfull - looks like our local mothercare sell them so will go and get one.

I remember spending a fortune on cups for ds1 (although he did take a bottle) and would like to avoid having a dozen unused cups in the cupboard this time!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now