Talk

Advanced search

in tears and pain.ive been bitten and hes broken the skin

(17 Posts)
copingvquietly Sun 20-Jul-08 22:56:19

this is really painfulsadhesbitten before but christ this really hurts.

VeniVidiVickiQV Sun 20-Jul-08 23:07:49

Ah yes. Happens quite a bit when they are teething. smile

gigglewitch Sun 20-Jul-08 23:08:50

ouch. one the one hand you can be happy that he is well and is errr, obv eating, but on the other hand....sad
I found that saying "that hurts" sharply to them and keeping well away for long enough for the message to sink in seemed to work wink - but god it hurts, you poor thing!

callmeovercautious Sun 20-Jul-08 23:12:10

CVQ - are you bleeding? Are you ok now?

DD would bite at Js age through teething. On top of everything else do you think that is what it could be?

When I knew she was in a chewy mood I would keep my finger by her mouth so I could pre-empt it.

Hope you are OK smile

copingvquietly Sun 20-Jul-08 23:13:16

i told him not to bite mummy because it hurts before i put him on the other boob and he laughed at meshock.my son has no respecthmm

its still painfulsadand hes not having that one for a few days.oh god i cant do that can ishock

gigglewitch Sun 20-Jul-08 23:17:55

I'd think the "I can't do that can I" is going to be down to how painful it is - can you express from that side instead?
lol @ no respect...
I have to be grateful that mine got their teeth late - 13mo or thereabouts, so i had rock-hard gums and only a couple of teeth to contend with grin

copingvquietly Sun 20-Jul-08 23:19:48

yes he made me bleedshockfirst time hes done this and the last i hope!
its very tender and i dont dare put him back on that side<wince>

copingvquietly Mon 21-Jul-08 19:22:37

i need a bit of advice please.my breast is still far too tender to let him feed from and ive fed from from just one all day.

here is the problem.ive tried to pump from it a few times but it flipping hurts and now im getting very full and uncomfortable.aarrrggghh if i cant pump some of it off what can i doblushim rubbish at hand pumping.anything at all anyone can think of however stupid you think it will be im willing to listen to.

copingvquietly Mon 21-Jul-08 19:28:57

bumping in hope

electricbarbarella Mon 21-Jul-08 19:36:18

sympathy and do you have any lanisho (sp?) or good old savlon if not, if he does it again remove him immediatley give him a small brak and then let him back, do this consistantly everytime he bites and he will soon learn that he gets his milk removed.
Also hot flannels should relivee the engorging.

Marina Mon 21-Jul-08 19:36:30

Try hand expressing in a warm bath, it can help with the let-down (water is a proven anaesthetic too so it will take the sting out of the bite)
I just broke the latch and said "nooooooo!" on the few occasions the dcs tried this.
It's agony you poor thing
Do you have any kamillosan in the house, that is very soothing and quite safe to use while still b/f

Marina Mon 21-Jul-08 19:37:35

I think eb means lansinoh, that's also good and safe to use
And I found out the hard way that a bit of Sudocrem will not poison your baby either

copingvquietly Mon 21-Jul-08 19:38:30

oh bloody hell thankyou.im carrying a watermelonhmm
a milky bath it is then!

jes74 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:43:28

warm bath definatly works just dont share with j as he will be in heaven all that milk

copingvquietly Mon 21-Jul-08 20:52:57

reliefgrin

talilac Mon 21-Jul-08 20:55:41

Hi CVQ, DD2 has started biting too, so I'm sending lots of ouchy sympathy!

copingvquietly Mon 21-Jul-08 21:01:45

hes bitten before but never broken the skin beforeshockill try feeding him from it tomorrow but its still tender so ive cordoned it off for nowgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now