Talk

Advanced search

Stopped breast feeding over a week ago...still leaking! When can I expect it to dry up?

(11 Posts)
2Princess Sun 20-Jul-08 21:03:04

I have nt stimulatd my breasts at all and I have still been wearing my breast feeding bras with breast pads to bed and during day, as my breasts are still leaking a little.

How long can I expect this to continue?

GreenMonkies Sun 20-Jul-08 21:10:37

How long have you been bf for?

TBH it does vary from person to person, but I'd say a week is not long, you are probably looking at at least another, and you'll probably still get let-down tingles for months when you hear a baby crying etc!

Monkies

Hannah81 Sun 20-Jul-08 21:43:33

I bf my DS1 for 15mths and by the time I got preg again he was 2 and a half and still got milk out when i squeezed, although i did not leak after my breasts lost their fullness - 2/3 weeks after stopping. My DS2 is 11wks tomorrow and I'm getting letdown now just thinking about it! lol
x

bristols Sun 20-Jul-08 21:46:22

Another couple of weeks, I would say. I stopped bf 12 weeks ago and DH informed me that mine were leaking during a moment of, er, passion blush last week...!

2Princess Mon 21-Jul-08 11:22:13

bristols....how funny r u! So not going there yet, only ben 2 weeks and still mega sore lol.

will get ready or another week or so of leakage, thanks guys.

solo Mon 21-Jul-08 11:25:29

How does everyone give up? do you just go from several feeds daily to nothing or do you gradually go from 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 like me? I'm down to just one at night...

bristols Tue 22-Jul-08 20:42:01

Solo - I dropped one feed at a time too.

2princess - glad I made you smile!

misspollysdolly Tue 22-Jul-08 20:55:42

I just v v gradually dropped the feeds down til DS1 was having one boob per night (bedtime) - therefore one short feed per side every 48 hours. He was 18 months when I stopped as we started trying for the next one! Never had any trouble with leaking or blockages/pain that way. Hoping to do it this way with DS2 eventually.

LilRedWhiskGers Tue 22-Jul-08 20:59:36

I gradually cut each feed out, but two years later I still have milk if I squeeze.

7 years on and I'm still waiting...

BouncingTurtle Tue 22-Jul-08 21:55:27

7 years shock

A friend stop bfing after 3 days, she continued to leak milk after 10 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now