Talk

Advanced search

Did you get any OV signs before AF returned when you were still breastfeeding?

(4 Posts)
Mamatastic Thu 17-Jul-08 22:28:18

Hi,

My DS is 8.5 months and now has approx 2-3 breastfeeds a day (upon waking, sometimes mid PM and at bedtime). I still haven't had AF but I think last night I had some ovulation type cervical mucus, I haven't had that since Jan 2007!!! ....just wondering if others had this before their AF turned up? We would like to TTC again (although the chances of us conceiving are ultra slim given DS was an IVF baby but we can all live in hope!) so I wondered if this is a sign that my body is getting back to normal?

Mamatastic Fri 18-Jul-08 11:53:03

How bizarre- AF appeared this morning! Not sure whether I'm happy or sad...

Dawnie6577 Fri 18-Jul-08 13:26:30

I was thinking exactly the same yesterday! Like you, I haven't had any ovulation mucus since January 2007 and have noticed it last few days. My DS is nearly 9 months and having 3 breastfeeds a day.
Even though I am WAY OFF wanting to conceive again (OMG, yes in the future hopefully, but very happy with my lot for the meantime and labour far too close a memory at the moment!!).
Will feel funny having a period again after such a long time and it is a hormonal time at the best of times, so I guess won't be any different now. I am switching over to formula in next month or two and actually looking forward to getting my body 'back' in various ways. Don't get me wrong, I have loved breastfeeding and will miss it, but I just feel the time has come now to gradually cut down/out.

Mamatastic Fri 18-Jul-08 20:22:49

Hi Dawnie,

That's funny that you are in pretty much the same situation as me! Yes it was weird having my period again, that's been 18 months now. I had to go out and restock the tampons! If you are going to BF for another month or two would you really need to start on formula? I am going to try to keep BFing (as long as DS wants to) until a year so I can then switch to cows milk as he has never taken a bottle (well, he has a few times but not since about December!).

Yes, I'll be looking forward to normal bras again- yippeee! I think I will really miss BFing though but will need to get my cycle back in order to TTC in the future...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now