Talk

Advanced search

Tommee Tippee?

(17 Posts)
Rhian82 Thu 17-Jul-08 14:35:28

All the Tommee Tippee stuff looks really good - is it?! I'm currently pregnant and planning on breastfeeding but will need to express occasionally, and then a lot after I return to work, and this set looks really good:

www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/closer_to_nature_breast_feeding_kit/

So I was just wondering if people had any comments on their stuff?

scorpio1 Thu 17-Jul-08 14:56:30

the bottles are great for ebm - handpump was rubbish imo.

MrsBadger Thu 17-Jul-08 15:06:22

now I liekd their handpump (and it was cheap)

but certainly don't spend £50 on the kit if you only plan to express occasionally - get the pump, which includes one bottle and a steriliser, then some bm bags for freezing milk (mothercare isn't the cheapest place to get these though, check ebay)

If you get seriously into expressing at work you may find you need / want more kit - am particularly thinking of a double electric pump, which made a huge difference for me - but worry about that when the time comes.

katpotat Thu 17-Jul-08 15:09:31

I liked the pump too, dd liked the bottles smile

nik76 Sat 19-Jul-08 10:23:33

Love there bottles but not the pump - have just got an electric one and its fab!!!

BouncingTurtle Sat 19-Jul-08 11:43:27

I liked the pump, until I got an electric one.
The hand pump gets tiring very quickly, but was handy when my milk came in as I was able to express a little to relieve the engorgement which was preventing ds from latching on.
I recently got out my manual pump again as I killed my electric one (don't ask!) and God was it hard work!

BouncingTurtle Sat 19-Jul-08 11:45:07

Oh, the bibs are great - DS used to get a rash under his chin until I used these bibs, but you might find that you won't need the breast pads - I only used a few, and I think there maybe better ones to use that the TT ones.

Bumperlicious Sun 20-Jul-08 10:37:17

I bought their pump then sent it back to them demanding a refund as it was rubbish. They gave it to me as well!

Would recommend Avent Isis, and I have tried 4 different pumps!

VictorianSqualor Sun 20-Jul-08 10:51:06

The bottles are great, the only ones I could get DS2 to take.

HollyandNoah Mon 21-Jul-08 01:09:11

I liked the bottles, ds loved bottles, but he's a greedy boy and loves anything milk comes from! Pump was good, bit sore on the hand though :|

jimmyjammys Wed 23-Jul-08 22:01:53

Would def recommend the closer to nature range for the occasional bottle feed - but stick with the slowest teat always or it becomes too easy to get the milk and they may go off the breastfeeding. DS went of the breast after I stupidly switched to the fastest teat though this was at around 10 months so I wasn't too upset by it.

Essie3 Wed 23-Jul-08 22:15:50

I recommend the breast pads. The only ones that stem my flow! But then, you'll need to buy them in bulk.

33k Wed 23-Jul-08 22:25:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bertolli Wed 23-Jul-08 22:36:02

The bottles are great if you want to breast and bottle feed.

Ds was mostly breast fed (90%) but would also have the odd bottle of aptimil mixed in. No problems, no
nipple confusion or whatever they call it.
So yes, do recommend!

babyOcho Wed 23-Jul-08 22:50:35

I sometimes see the TT hand pump in my local TK Maxx (but none any when I was in there last week).

ilovemydog Wed 23-Jul-08 22:53:27

bottles are good (the slow flow)

Don't know about pump - have a medela one.

gingercat12 Thu 24-Jul-08 11:19:33

DS loves the bottles, although he would eat from anything really...
I used avent breast pump, so I do not know about TT.
Tommee Tippee breastpads worked best for me (big enough and still thin).
We also have the milk powder dispensers (not used yet) and the bottle holders (they are life savers when you travel!)
If you live in the North East, they have a factory shop here. It is not much cheaper mind than the shops.
Their steriliser is good, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now