Talk

Advanced search

My boobs are shrinking!!!

(15 Posts)
Sushipaws Wed 16-Jul-08 13:59:41

I used to be a 34B or C then went up to a 34D when I started bf'ing. Now I only do 2 small feeds a day and dd is showing signs of dropping them too.

The other day I dug out my pre-pregnancy bras as I'd noticed my feeding bras were looking a bit saggy. To my shock and horror, my boobs are too small for my old bra's.

Is this normal? Do your boobs shrink after bf'ing? What will happen when I stop feeding altoghether?

Noooooooooooooooooooo, I want my lovely boobs back.

CatIsSleepy Wed 16-Jul-08 14:04:59

hate to tell you this, but my already distinctly unample boobs went down a cup size after I finished bf'ing...

Louise76 Wed 16-Jul-08 14:10:56

I thought my boobs had shrunk when I went back to my old bras after stopping breastfeeding but they are actually the same size - they're just a different shape iykwim. I got measured at John Lewis last week and confirmed I was the same size but now need to wear different styles than before.

Also, I think they looked smaller to me as I didn't realise they were so huge when I was breasfeeding! I went from an E cup to a G cup.

Don't worry

girlsallaround Wed 16-Jul-08 14:21:35

my boobs shrunk from c to be after pg1.
they shrunk from b to a after pg2 (no kidding!)
i am waiting to see what will happen this time around.
This is very common, many of my friends have this experience.
(though not all. some have kept their lovely boobs as is...)

happypiglet Wed 16-Jul-08 14:28:10

Sorry to say this but I was a 32D before my 3 pgs and BFs and went down to 32C after I stopped feeding the 1st two. I am still feeding no3 but down to 2 feeds per day and I think I may have shrunk again..... I am looking foward to being able to buy bras off the shelf- they all come in 32 C or B but it was always a struggle to find 32Ds!!
Anyway the compensation is I have fed 3 babies and can now go braless in a halter neck without looking like I have 2 melons in a bag!!

Sushipaws Wed 16-Jul-08 14:59:10

Boo!

Oh well, at least it's not just me.

girlsallaround Wed 16-Jul-08 15:07:08

yes i found it a great thing to not have to wear bras! just buy them because they were cute or pretty. before i actually needed the support.
and it affected my whole wordrobe, all my shirts and dresses fit different as a result

mummyc Wed 16-Jul-08 15:29:42

Sorry to say, but this is the one thing about bfing that I wasn't expecting - went from 32G pre-pregnancy to 34J in nursing bras to a flappy (ie if you put them in a push-up they just kind of fold in the middle) 32F. Was v v upset, used to be v proud of my lovely boobs. On the plus side everyone thinks I've lost weight because my boobs are little (I know 32F doesn't sound little but on a size 16 body they look pretty insignificant )

Now, can anyone tell me that their bosoms re-inflated with another pregnancy or just later? Please???

tiktok Wed 16-Jul-08 15:41:24

They come back!

I promise you!

Mine did

Once you get a few normal menstrual cycles under your belt - which means you are producing the fat-making hormones - your breasts start to get their shape back.

tiktok Wed 16-Jul-08 15:42:35

Follow up - established breastfeeding means you replace the fat in your breasts with milk-making and storing tissue. So the fat tends to go...but as I say, it comes back. In time.

totalmisfit Wed 16-Jul-08 15:46:04

i thought the same - i used to be a big-enough-me 34c and cos i'm quite petite i got used to bveing seen as 'big-boobed' then post b/f i went to m&s and they measured me as somewhere between a 32-34 a/b (very precise i think you'll agree). Got used to my boobs looking non-existant and went through a period of grieving for my old norks.

Then, i went to John Lewis. The woman took one look at my shrunke tits and said 'hmm... i think you're a 30d possibly a 30DD'. I just laughed 'yeah right, where are they, then?'

anyway she went and got a load of what looked like ridiculously big cupped bras and after a bit of prodding and coaxing i looked in the mirror. My 16 year old chest looked back at me. Fantastic!

can't recommend them highly enough. Like Louise76 says, they've probably just changed shape (ie saggier than they used to be) and the right bra will stick 'em back where they belong.

Bravissimo are also supposed to be quite good at this kind of thing.

girlsallaround Wed 16-Jul-08 15:55:51

mine kept small after dd2. i didn't have to wear a bra and if i lost any weight i would go almost flat
they started to get bigger one day and i told dh they may be growing back but i was just pg again...

TheOldestCat Wed 16-Jul-08 16:16:24

To reassure you, after stopping BF my (never exactly ample) norks were decidedly smaller and less pert. But five months later, I've got my periods back and my bosom is getting slightly larger.

Mind you, that's probably because I've put on a lot of the weight I lost while BF! grin

Louise76 Thu 17-Jul-08 13:59:45

Reading totalmisfit's post just made me want to say to everyone - DON'T go to M&S to get your boobs measured. They are hopeless!

John Lewis and Bravissimo are the best. The right size and style/fit can make an amazing difference to your boobs.

bergentulip Thu 17-Jul-08 14:08:10

Mine shrunk from a staggering A cup to an AA !!!!! (think I might have made it into a B cup bra whilst bf'ing!shock)
I am mightily miffed, I can tell you. angry

!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now