Talk

Advanced search

How much milk does your ff 5 month old drink, and when do I drop the dream feed?

(6 Posts)
MuffinMclay Wed 16-Jul-08 12:57:48

I'm not concerned as such, just curious as to what is the norm for this age (can't remember what I did last time round).

Ds2 has 5 feeds a day, each of 210ml (7oz), at 7am, 11am, 2.30pm, 6.15pm, 10pm.

I'd love to drop the dream feed (I want to go to bed earlier!) but I guess he must still need it if he drinks it all. Does that one go once they start on solids?

MuffinMclay Wed 16-Jul-08 19:18:15

bumping

I know it is a very dull question...

moocowmrs Wed 16-Jul-08 19:32:14

We have just been through this with dd, as I was desperate also to get to bed earlier in the evening, I stopped dream feeding when I weaned her at 6 months, and made the last bottle after her bath at about 7 to 7.30 she now sleeps from then till about 8. She has been on three meals for about a month now at least. um think that the dream feed was the first to go deffo, and she still has milk at the other times you mentioned as well as breakfast lunch and tea. DD is 7m and a bit now.

2point4kids Wed 16-Jul-08 19:39:40

My 5 month old (just 5 months this week) is having 6oz bottles, he usually has 4 or 5 feeds a day and occasionally one in the night.

Did your DS fall into your above routine or did you start it yourself? My DS is still pretty unpredictable!

DS1 on the other hand fell into a routine really quickly. He had a dream feed too. I woke him up for it one night and he wuldnt drink any milk, just wanted to sleep. So I let him go back to sleep and he never had a dream feed again! That was about 5 months ish I think. Before weaning anyway.

TarkaLiotta Wed 16-Jul-08 19:59:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MuffinMclay Wed 16-Jul-08 20:59:53

2.4 - yes, he just fell into that routine himself. He's been having the same amount at roughly the same time since about 8 weeks.

In the interests of experimentation I tried giving him more milk at his feeds today (240ml/8oz) but he wasn't interested in having the extra. I guess he's happy as he is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now