Talk

Advanced search

is this related to breast feeding

(15 Posts)
jammi Wed 16-Jul-08 00:21:15

Message withdrawn

Joolyjoolyjoo Wed 16-Jul-08 00:28:35

I'm not sure, but I think it could be hormone related?? (I'm thinking of that advert where they say that during your period your body temperature rises!!) Can't remember it happening to me, but the early days are a bit hazy! How old is your baby?

jammi Wed 16-Jul-08 00:32:29

Message withdrawn

Joolyjoolyjoo Wed 16-Jul-08 00:37:44

Have you checked your temperature? I think I remember something about all the hormones causing the blood vessels to dilate, which can make you feel hotter on the surface, if that makes any sense!! I take it you don't think you have mastitis or anything?

jammi Wed 16-Jul-08 00:41:28

Message withdrawn

tb73 Wed 16-Jul-08 00:51:24

Do you have any other symptoms?

Joolyjoolyjoo Wed 16-Jul-08 00:53:56

Hmm. I've read that progesterone causes a rise in basal body temperature, but surely that would be decreasing by 16 weeks post- natally? can't find anything to say that prolactin has a similar effect. Bizarrely enough, I did find a study that said that oxytocin deficient mice suffer from low body temperature, so maybe it's the oxytocin!! Do you feel hotter when you are actually feeding/ at letdown?

SparklyGothKat Wed 16-Jul-08 00:58:28

I have been having hot flushes since Ds2 was born last sept and am still Bf, so i think its hormones. My mum finds it funny that I have hot flushes at 29 hehe

tb73 Wed 16-Jul-08 01:02:07

I'm still bf my dd (1 next week) - I have just been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid gland, which has been making me hot and can happen after birth (that's why I'm here, I can't sleep). Have you noticed anything else different about yourself?

SparklyGothKat Wed 16-Jul-08 13:22:42

Yes, I can't sleep either

jammi Wed 16-Jul-08 16:22:47

Message withdrawn

tb73 Wed 16-Jul-08 22:17:57

I think you should both go and see your GP and ask them to check you out!

Probably nothing but better to be sure just incase. I wish I had gone earlier - now I am breathless at times, exhausted (yet sometimes hyper), having eye problems, teaful and quick to anger - all because ot the thyroid. I am also v.hungry and v.skinny!

SparklyGothKat Wed 16-Jul-08 23:43:44

i am skinny anyway, I weigh 7st 7lb. I am currently in DS2's room after a BF and I am sweating...
DH said I am like a fart in a trance in the evenings, I don't stop..

LackaDAISYcal Thu 17-Jul-08 00:03:02

I was all hot and bothered the whole time I was feeding DD, night sweats were particularlry unpleasant. They calmed down eventually, but iirc it was well after 16 weeks.

i've just tried to look on kellymom but it isn't loading for me.

It;s maybe worth mentioning it to the doc though, especially if it has only come on in the last few weeks. you could have some low grade infection that is just hovering and not going away.

jammi Thu 17-Jul-08 13:35:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now