Talk

Advanced search

DD choking on milk

(6 Posts)
lucysnowe Tue 15-Jul-08 13:30:17

Hi all

Sometimes my DD chokes on her milk when she's on the bottle or chokes on a posset a while later. It seems to distress her a bit so I usually give her a big slap on the back. Is it normal in babies for it to go down the wrong way occasionally or should I keep an eye on it?

Thanks!

PinkChick Tue 15-Jul-08 13:31:37

could the teat holes be too big for her?, you can buy diff flow ones?

lulumama Tue 15-Jul-08 13:32:38

i would not slap her on the back, she cannot choke on milk, it is not solid.... how old is she? agree the teats could be an issue... does it tend to happen when she is really hungry and gulping her feed down>

RubySlippers Tue 15-Jul-08 13:34:53

no need for a slap on the back

i would say if she is posseting frequently and "choking" these can be signs of reflux, but if it is only occasionally i would look at the teat size as the PPs have said

lucysnowe Tue 15-Jul-08 16:27:34

I've realised now that 'big slap on the back' does sound a bit alarming! I didn't mean it that way, honest. More of a pat really. She is a bit refluxy, and I have changed to a faster flow so will check that - wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious really. Thanks!

lulumama Wed 16-Jul-08 09:14:37

smile

try a variflow teat , she can control the flow a bit more then and it does not come out as fast the whole time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now