Talk

Advanced search

Are you BF - do you wear a bra at night?????

(23 Posts)
nik76 Tue 15-Jul-08 11:34:12

Just wondering as I don't the only time I did it seemed to make me leak all over the place. Surpose the real question is should be?????

ShowOfHands Tue 15-Jul-08 11:37:42

I'm still bf a 14 month old. I wore a bra at night right at the very beginning when I was leaking and engorged but stopped after a couple of weeks as I had the same problem as you. I didn't leak at night once I stopped wearing a bra.

mummypud Tue 15-Jul-08 11:40:43

i wore one when bf my dd, leaked constantly , was forever waking up i a pool of milk, wore one to keep in the breast pads

MrsBadger Tue 15-Jul-08 11:40:47

whatever you like

I never did but some people find them invaluable

MrsTittleMouse Tue 15-Jul-08 11:44:05

I was an H cup and need to wear a bra just for the support. I used a really soft comfy Bravado one. I didn't leak until I left DD for a night away and woke up awash. She was greedy enough that I didn't need pads.

scorpio1 Tue 15-Jul-08 11:47:34

I'm bf a 12 week old and i don't - i don't leak anymore, havent worn breast pads for weeks. Have small boobs htough.

thumbwitch Tue 15-Jul-08 11:47:55

didn't to start with as co-slept woth DS - did try once in sports croptop (to keep pads in place) since DS went to his cot but didn't like it and it didnt really work. Have leaked a bit but only puddled once.

FourArms Tue 15-Jul-08 12:04:51

I always wear a bra to bed. Don't leak any more, but DS2 is now 2. Just feel more comfy with it on than off. Have the lovely Elle Macpherson bras, so hardly feel them anyway.

velbels Tue 15-Jul-08 12:07:25

i struggled to get a bra fitting well enough to wear at night lying down, but was leaking lots.
I found lillypads worked well to stop leaks

jammi Tue 15-Jul-08 12:09:18

Message withdrawn

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 15-Jul-08 12:10:08

I'm also an H cup MrsTM, but have never worn a bra at night.
Sure I leaked in the early stages, and would end up with wet sheets (or sleeping on a towel!), but I'd rather that than have to wear a bra overnight, as you can't get nice comfy ones in my sort of size.

MrsTittleMouse Tue 15-Jul-08 12:26:27

For me it was far worse having my swollen norks flopping around the place than putting up with a bra. grin I don't wear one to bed normally (I'm an E/F cup). Have you tried Bravado? I didn't find it supportive enough for daytime wear, but was great for hospital/night time.

weblette Tue 15-Jul-08 12:44:35

Wear one for comfort and to hold breast pads in place.

une Tue 15-Jul-08 14:59:33

Wear a BF-top with a built in bra (with cupsice H it's more of a boob-cover than a bra, really) with huge wool-breastpads to suck up all the leaking milk.

skidaddle Tue 15-Jul-08 15:40:18

yes I still wear one and DS is 7 months - tried without the other night and woke up in a wet patch!

lactator Tue 15-Jul-08 16:48:41

I wear one at night to hold breast pads in place and DS is 12 months. When I don't I wake up in a milky puddle.

I officially have incontinent nipples !

FioFio Tue 15-Jul-08 16:51:18

Message withdrawn

claireybee Tue 15-Jul-08 16:54:13

I did for the first 3 months or so but havent since. Do still get leaks sometimes but not loads-ds still feeds 5/6 times a night anyway so the boobs don't have much chance to fill up!

chunkypudding Tue 15-Jul-08 17:03:59

i hated it - felt weird n uncomfortable as i don't even wear jammies... sleep with a couple of muslins handy for the occasional gush.

ds normally very kindly keeps any risk of engorgement at bay by feeding at regular intervals throughout night hmm

kama Tue 15-Jul-08 17:17:31

Message withdrawn

nik76 Thu 17-Jul-08 07:02:29

Thanks ladies

As I'm a big lass up top (G) wondered if I was being naightly by not - I did wear one when pregnant but am feeling fine without one at mo.

Was lying on fllor with DD yesreday and my mum suddendly piped up 'blimey you like like Jordan' I felt like replying only when lying on my back!!

ElmMum Thu 17-Jul-08 10:43:26

I'm a double G and always wear a bra in bed - also wear those plastic domes too, to keep the air on my nipples, otherwise they get sore and stick to the bra. Is not the most comfortable way to sleep. Occasionally let them out overnight for a break, but then have to sleep with muslin under boobs to stop the Lanisoh staining the bedding. sigh wish I had nice neat small boobs that didn't get sore.

MummyValentine Thu 17-Jul-08 11:39:21

I am a E cup and HAVE to wear something to hold me in in bed, otherwise yikes! shock Also useful for holding in breastpads as always seem to leak, particularly in the morning sleeping through. I wore a nursing camisole for the first few weeks whilst milk getting settled, but then bought some very glam nursing nightwear which is great for keeping boobs under control and holding breastpads! belabumbum much comfier than a bra

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now