Talk

Advanced search

Nurofen / Sudofed / Lemsip .. are they OK when breastfeeding?

(9 Posts)
Twiglett Fri 04-Feb-05 19:29:28

Are they?

jessicasmummy Fri 04-Feb-05 19:30:15

i think lemsip is ok because it only contains parecetamol.... not sure of the others but hope you feel better real soon xxx

Twiglett Fri 04-Feb-05 19:31:16

sniff, sniff, snort

have to be up and out by 8am tomorrow .... arrrrgggghhhhhhh

Aero Fri 04-Feb-05 19:36:17

Have used both nurofen and lemsip whilst bfing - with nurofen the amount that gets to your milk is negligible - don't know about lemsip, but it was either that or my sanity - sanity won over! Don't think you should use sudafed though. Think I read not to on the packet. Don't quote me though!

Hayls Fri 04-Feb-05 19:47:28

I asked the pharmacist about LEmsip and he advised against it soI ended up with paracetamol and honey and lemon in hot water He might just have been covering his back tho...

Twiglett Fri 04-Feb-05 19:48:41

Thanks guys

so paracetomal is a yes and nurofen if you just can't take anymore but no lemsip / sudofed

great to know

motherinferior Fri 04-Feb-05 19:50:17

I was told sudafed would make the baby a bit speedy, so I steered off it. But actually, if you're really in agony, I'd go for it. Personally.

HappyMumof2 Fri 04-Feb-05 20:42:02

Message withdrawn

Prufrock Fri 04-Feb-05 21:09:26

The thing with sudafed is not that it is in anyway bad for teh baby, it's that it can dry up your milk. It has a drying effect on your bodily secretions - well that's why you want to take it isn't it - and this can include milk. Personally I do take it if sdesperate, but tend to take only one dose a day before bed and not for long - and I still have plenty of milk. Try a search for sudafed under zebra -she has posted lots about it before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now