Talk

Advanced search

gassy baby

(3 Posts)
iarel Mon 14-Jul-08 21:25:58

DD is 3 months this week and was diagnosed with reflux a few months ago. i'm breast feeding + top up and have eliminated all possible culprits eg beans, cabbage, chocolate etc, but she's blowing off so much that i'm surprised she's not yet air born DD is on gaviscon and does not seem distressed. any ideas?

madmarriedNika Mon 14-Jul-08 21:53:10

Perhaps try taking probiotics- either yourself (e.g. Actimel yogurt drinks, or Acidophilus probiotic tablets or powder, available from health food shops) or give them to your DD directly- Acidophilus powder is available and suitable for babies- see: www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/details.php/p1687_biocare_acidophilus_plus_banana_or_strawberry.html

My DD is very windy partly due to poor digestion issues (she has cystic fibrosis, and is on antibiotics permanently which strip her of her friendly gut bacteria) and we were advised by her paediatrician to try Acidophilus and I can honestly say it works wonders. I now use it for all our family!

Good luck x

iarel Mon 14-Jul-08 22:12:39

thanks madmarriedNika, you're a star! will give it a go and all the best with your little one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now