Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Green watery poo - is it normal?

(6 Posts)
hotpotmama Fri 11-Jul-08 17:40:11

My 9 week old DS has green watery poo, just wondered if this was common? His poos are very frequent too, after every feed.

He had his injections on Wednesday and the poo turned very turned green on Thursday. Could it be connected to them? He was on strong antibiotics a couple of weeks ago as he has been in hospital but not sure it would be related to that so long after.

Have given the doctor a sample as they were watery but not got the results back. Is ok in himself, doesn't seem poorly.

Just wondered if this was common. He is breastfed by the way.

Thanks.

Tinkjon Fri 11-Jul-08 18:06:31

I think green poo in babies can sometimes have something to do with an imbalance of fore and hindmilk? Please don't take that as correct though as I'm far from sure about it - it just seems to ring a bell Could well be to do with the injections though - it sounds too much of a coincidence otherwise.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 11-Jul-08 18:10:48

Message withdrawn

hotpotmama Fri 11-Jul-08 18:52:44

no don't tend to feed from both sides unless he is feeding for a long time ie 30 mins or more.

Feeds vary from 10 mins to 30 mins.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 11-Jul-08 22:34:42

Message withdrawn

hotpotmama Mon 14-Jul-08 17:50:02

Thanks all. Sorry for delay in replying, not managed to log on for days! Poo now yellow again so none the wiser. Will have to wait for results of sample.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now