Talk

Advanced search

I know I'm popping up all over the place, but did anyone see the One Show on Beeb1 last night? Need to know I didn't imagine this

(6 Posts)
lackaDAISYcal Wed 09-Jul-08 12:01:04

I mentioned this on the C&G ad thread.....

I caught the last minute of the One Show on the beeb last night and they seemed to be winding up a conversation about BFing...the lady presenter mentioned something about being a worrywort about BFing, and one of the guests (Esther Rantzen, no less) said BFing gives you warts ...then they cut to the credits. I was only half listening so not sure what it was about but I was truly gobsmacked at her comment.

Did anyone see it? and did I hear correctly?

lackaDAISYcal Wed 09-Jul-08 12:10:12

bump

asur Wed 09-Jul-08 12:11:11

you caught my interest with this so just watched it on iplayer... They were choosing some stupid name for presenters future child (she's not even pregnant) and the name pulled out was "nipplewart" and Esther said "that's what you get if you over breastfeed"

Think it was just a random comment and it wasn't anything really related to breastfeeding...

lackaDAISYcal Wed 09-Jul-08 12:24:40

aha, that explains it, but still.... shock.

Does it go out live? If so they can be forgiven for the stupidity and ignorance of their guests, but if not I'm horrified that it wasn't editted out.

GreenMonkies Wed 09-Jul-08 14:33:06

Can you "over breastfeed"?? shock

Monkies

lackaDAISYcal Wed 09-Jul-08 16:52:22

Have complained about the comment via the website!

I'm turning into a right old "angry of north leeds" me grin

You'll see me on watchdog next week wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now