Talk

Advanced search

heating cows milk

(13 Posts)
dancer77 Tue 01-Feb-05 21:04:27

I was just wondering if you heat it the same way you do formula? Ds has just switched to cows milk and my mum mentioned that she was told to boil it first so that its heated properly (that was a few years ago now) Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas on this please

Thanks x

sallystrawberry Tue 01-Feb-05 21:06:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Angeliz Tue 01-Feb-05 21:08:55

I warmed it up a bit for months for dd in the microwave. Never boiled it!
She likes it ice cold now straight from the fridge bless her

Catbert Tue 01-Feb-05 21:12:55

I think pastuerised means it's already been heated to super high temps anyway, making it safe to drink with just a mere warming, but as long as you use the same hygiene standards, as milk can still go bad quickly whether formula or cows...

Tommy Tue 01-Feb-05 21:13:16

Just do ours in the microwave. DS1 likes 30 seconds - just off the chilled and niece likes it much hotter than that - she complained last time she was here

I think, dancer77, that you have a Mum/MIL parenting tip alert going on there

dancer77 Tue 01-Feb-05 21:15:07

Thanks I thought it sounded a bit strange but nevermind. I've actually just given it to him straight from the fridge and his drinking it. I never heated formula, well at least not from 5 or 6 months just gave straight from the carton, but that was at room temp and not chilled.

Tommy Tue 01-Feb-05 21:16:17

Very sensible - DS1 won't drink it from the fridge

Twiglett Tue 01-Feb-05 21:57:26

will he not drink it straight from the fridge .. really is far easier and most children IME are OK with it

Twiglett Tue 01-Feb-05 21:57:55

oops memo to self: read whole thread before posting

lockets Tue 01-Feb-05 21:59:53

Message withdrawn

Gwenick Tue 01-Feb-05 22:01:50

as mentioned above 'try' and get him to drink it from the fridge - some children despite all the best coaxing and effort in the world won't though - I heat DS2's in the microwave - 1 minute in the microwave (850w) I leave the lid on and he won't drink it a second (well ok not lieterally LOL) under that............but he'll drink diluted fruit juice straight out the fridge (strange child!)

Tommy Tue 01-Feb-05 22:41:53

Actually my DS will drink it cold but only after swimming cos he knows there's no "beep beep" to heat it up there.....

(yes - he is running rings round me )

catfish Tue 01-Feb-05 23:04:43

Ditto with the microwave but always give it a really good shake to distribute the heat and leave for a few secs to settle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now