Talk

Advanced search

breast fed baby weaning help!!!

(5 Posts)
irishbird Sun 23-Jan-05 19:52:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SPARKLER1 Sun 23-Jan-05 19:54:04

I would definitely start weaning now if not would have done before anyway. Baby is over the four months mark to start.

aloha Sun 23-Jan-05 19:54:25

It will be a one-off due to the babyrice, I would put money on it. Lots of babies who have previously slept through go through a period of waking around 4months, I believe (my ds hadn't stopped waking about 8 times a night at that stage!) whether you wean or not. They then often settle again. If you want to wait, then wait.

irishbird Sun 23-Jan-05 19:58:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mears Sun 23-Jan-05 20:07:43

irishbird - you do not necessarily need to wean. If baby is hungry then give more breastfeeds. Try upping feeds in day as well if possible. I decided baby number 4 was not starting solids till 6 months which is current advice. With my other babes I started solids after 20 weeks when they were night waking. She woke during the night for a number of nights so I just fed her. She then started sleeping through again. If you decide to continue with rice then the nappies will change.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now