Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how often will I need to express if I am drinking tonight?

(4 Posts)
Turtle35 Fri 31-Dec-04 13:20:17

Clearly I want to enjoy this evening and have some champagne and wine with dinner at a dinner party, I know I will drink more than safe measures to continue to b/f through the night, I have expressed milk already, how many hours do I need to wait before I can b/f again?

hercyulelog Fri 31-Dec-04 13:25:47

I think you have to be really sozzled for it to affect your milk.

tiktok Fri 31-Dec-04 16:15:10

Turtle, there is a ton of info on this in the archives of mumsnet, all of it reassuring! You don't need to do any expressing at all, really, but if you want to be 100 per cent sure there is not the teensiest drop of alcohol in your milk, then do the maths: it takes one and a half to two hours to process a unit of alcohol (ie for it to disappear from your body, including your milk). If you drink 3 glasses of wine and a couple of glasses of champagne over (say) five hours, ending at 1 am, then you would be alcohol free by about four thirty or 5 am.....but honestly, there is no need to worry, or to bother

Gwenick Fri 31-Dec-04 16:17:28

Have to confess I Bf my first for 14 month and never expressed (well I did for a while be he always refused it unless it was from my boob so gave up LOL). In all those months I never 'held' back (I never got completely sloshed honest) when I drank and DS1 never seemed to have any ill effects - kind of hoped it might help him sleep better when he was little but didn't work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now