Talk

Advanced search

New Vomiting Trick!

(9 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Thu 30-Dec-04 08:25:26

DS2 (14 weeks) is breastfed, exclusively. He's been inclined to posset for ages, and I've not done anything about it. No more than a tablespoon or two at a time, and often curdled. It seemed to be reducing over time. (His weight gain is good.)

Last night, he vomited loads. I'm pretty sure it was a full feed, and it shot out at high speed and alarmed me. I needed a towel to sort things out. He's just done it again this morning.

He's had feeds in between, successfully. He doesn't seem unwell or unhappy or feverish. He does have a cold, which he's had for ages.

Do I bother talking to a doctor? My gut instinct is, no, it'll sort itself out.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 30-Dec-04 08:38:51

I forgot two details. Firstly, he's also given up pooing - he last had a poo on Monday. He normally goes once or twice a day. And secondly, he's been particularly hungry since Tuesday night.

He's still weeing lots, and also farting, so I don't think anything's wrong, but I am worrying a bit.

KathH Thu 30-Dec-04 09:25:02

hi - can't really help with the poo issue or the loads of vomiting bit but my 13 wk also possets, constantly or so it seems but i have noticed that when he gets a cold which at the moment seems to be every other day thanks to 2 older sisters and an older brother he does it more frequently if that's possible and there also seems to be more, something to do with mucus i think but if it's projectile perhaps give nhs direct a ring also if it's more than 1 feed and there's loads of sick perhaps ring them? Or can you give GP a call? My baby had bronciolitus 3 weeks ago and i think one of the worries is that if they're sicking up all of the feeds (GP said sicking up all of 1 feed isn't necessarily a problem if they're otherwise ok) then they may start to get a bit dehydrated. GP said a quick way of checking re dehydration is to feel inside their mouth and if it's slobbery then that's fine.

Twiglett Thu 30-Dec-04 09:42:48

my instinct would be if he's weeing lots and seems ok then he's fine and he's just got a small bug so I wouldn't go to GP. But if it continues over 24 hours and he stops weeing then go

my other instinct would be to watch out for the huge poo .. he's obviously saving it up and its gonna go everywhere .. get in stacks of wipes / changes of clothes .. and keep him in baby gros

NotQuiteCockney Thu 30-Dec-04 09:48:18

He's drooling like mad, and weeing, so I think he's hydrated.

And yes, I fear the Poo. The Poo will destroy the World. The one-day poos are normally pretty scary, and require a change and much work, so what will a three-day poo be like? I'm just hoping it'll happen while DH has him.

Yorkiegirl Thu 30-Dec-04 10:26:38

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Thu 30-Dec-04 15:49:26

Ok, he's a freaky baby. He pooed, and it didn't even escape the nappy! It was pretty smelly, but not the nightmare I feared. Well, I'm sure there's more to follow. No more vomit so far, thank goodness. Must be a tummy bug, those are certainly going around.

Levanna Fri 31-Dec-04 00:02:12

NQC, my DD's have had a strange bug too. DD2 (nearly 4 months,excl breastfed too) returned two full feeds on Monday but aside from feeding loads (not a bad thing ) is fine and hasn't vomited since.
Watch out for the poo, maybe he knew you were prepared so's saving the 'real' one for when you're half way down the motorway/visiting friends/at a restaurant etc .

Calmriver Wed 09-Feb-05 23:36:27

Never mind a 3 or 10 day poo, My 3 month old went 17 days! We were told to try lactoluse on her, but the only thing that works well, without cramps is good old prune juice. 3oz in 4oz water! Brilliant! Also 100% natural...can't go wrong! She is now almost 6 months, and is on solids as well as breastmilk, but still misses days. It's always such a treat when it happens. My hubby and I dance around the room. She finds it funny and knows something good has happened!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now