Talk

Advanced search

Palm oil causes colic?!?! Pls help!

(14 Posts)
90smilesanhour Mon 01-Feb-21 10:24:00

Over the last month or so (feels like soo much longer) I have been dealing with the moodiest lg! Hated her bottle, hated being put down for sleep, hated EVERYTHING!! I was at my ropes end and I had no idea what else I could do, I spoke to dr about it and they said that it was probably just colic and nothing too serious... Clearly he hadn't tried sleeping in the same house as a screaming 3 month old. I had been up days trying to console her, I decided to turn to the internet about colic and I found that palm oil in some cases can cause and\or worsen colic. So I checked her formula and sure enough it contained palm oil. So my point is that I need a palm oil free formula or any other colic advice that could help my lg!! I miss her being the quiet cuddly baby she was and I'm PRAYING this is just a phase!!

OP’s posts: |
DollyP23 Mon 01-Feb-21 10:33:54

I think aptamil pro future has no palm oil. Have to check the ingredients but I think that's the case. It's twice as much as normal aptamil but could be worth a try

Vicky1989x Mon 01-Feb-21 10:38:42

Kendamil organic doesn’t have palm oil.

90smilesanhour Tue 02-Feb-21 09:39:24

Thank you!!! Will have to check these out!! Who would've thought palm oil could cause colic? Baffling confused I hope she takes well to one of these!

ShowOfHands Tue 02-Feb-21 09:42:39

Isn't colic just unexplained crying?

If your child is sensitive to something, then that's not colic, it's a sensitivity.

Was she always on the same formula?

LadyWhistledown Tue 02-Feb-21 09:46:29

Kendamil is palm oil free and was the only milk my daughter could really tolerate. Everything else gave her wind or constipation or green poo. It wasn't fun for any of us.

Kendamil actually smells like milk too which was a bonus. The downsides are it is quite expensive and not easily available in supermarkets. I sometimes used to find it in Asda or the organic version in Sainsbury's but usually ended up ordering it directly from the company.

ShowOfHands Tue 02-Feb-21 09:46:41

I've just been googling it op. I'd never read the research before. It does say that palm oil causes harder bowel movements in formula fed babies compared to palm oil free.

Does your baby seem to have stomach ache? Gassy? Struggles pooing?

SassyPants87 Tue 02-Feb-21 10:37:33

Kendamil organic really helped settled my baby's digestive issues and contains no palm oil or fish oil

90smilesanhour Wed 03-Feb-21 11:56:54

She is quite a gassy baby and sometime struggles to poo. Usually goes about once every other day or so. I've bought my first can of Kendamil so let's pray that it helps!! I'll update on here smile You've all be so helpful thank you!

SassyPants87 Thu 04-Feb-21 08:48:12

@90smilesanhour my baby was on aptamil first and it made her so gassy! She did the smelliest farts and she was really unsettled at night time. Kendamil has definitely helped with that for me. I hope it works for you!

Fuckadoodledoooo Thu 04-Feb-21 14:12:28

We switched to kendamil and it helped so much. My baby is on gaviscon for reflux - we have been able to halve the dose and wean her off it with the new milk. It's been a godsend.

Oils exacerbate reflux too.

Fuckadoodledoooo Thu 04-Feb-21 14:13:32

Oh and when she was on Cow and gate, she pooed twice a week and struggled. Within two days of kendamil she was going once or twice a day and was so much happier.

DuaLipaSuction Fri 05-Feb-21 07:54:25

I've bought my first can of Kendamil so let's pray that it helps!! I'll update on here.

That's great, let us know how you get on smile

90smilesanhour Fri 12-Feb-21 10:11:02

Only been a little over a week but she's taking the bottle nicely and not being fussy about it the switch!! Fingers still tightly crossed for Kendamil!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in