Talk

Advanced search

What should my six month old be eating/drinking?

(6 Posts)
rita1990 Thu 07-Jan-21 08:41:46

Hiya,

I started weaning my son at 4ish months. He's used to porridge/fruit etc and we're trying him on the next stage up of Ella's kitchen food, so it's more textured, all going really well but I don't know how much he should be eating and how many bottles he should be having still. Anyone's experiences would be helpful please smile

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Thu 07-Jan-21 08:45:55

If he's 6 months he should still be on all his milk feeds with food as a supplement. Mine had 5 milk feeds at that age with food (small amounts) at 8am 12pm and 5pm. Milk was at 7, 11, 3, 7 and the last one overnight.

NaturalStudy Thu 07-Jan-21 08:46:01

At 6 months old most people are only just starting to wean, so there is no expectation on them to be having any specific amount of solid food (unless your child has a specific health concern). So they should be having the amount of milk recommended by the NHS topped up with whatever food they choose to eat.

NaturalStudy Thu 07-Jan-21 08:47:19

www.nhs.uk/start4life/weaning/what-to-feed-your-baby/around-6-months/

Same4Walls Thu 07-Jan-21 08:48:46

His diet should be mostly milk at 6 months with a few tastes of either finger foods or puree. Is there a reason you started weaning so early? At this stage he should just be beginning the weaning process.

Bilgepumper Thu 07-Jan-21 08:49:03

Milk, start weaning at seven months.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in