Talk

Advanced search

How much would this affect my supply?

(4 Posts)
winterbabythistime Fri 25-Dec-20 22:02:06

If I had 1 night off a week to sleep in the spare room?
If I did the 10pm feed, dh did the 2 middle of the night feeds with formula then I did the 6/7am feed?
Baby is 3 weeks old and I was thinking from 4 weeks old I could maybe have 1 night off a week without affecting my supply? What do you think?
I don't really want to pump, I already have a very fast letdown and possible over supply so don't want to pump and possibly make it worse. Also pumping doesn't really give me the time off tbh.

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Fri 25-Dec-20 22:32:22

Well I mean if you found it did lower your supply then you could pump to bring it back up. Try it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Given it’s only one day a week I don’t think it would do loads. Although there is an argument you start this from the 6week point as they say that’s when things are “established” as such.

BlenheimOrange Fri 25-Dec-20 23:05:32

I found my supply bounced back from things that were supposed to impair it (eg surgery recovery, pumping and not bf at all for a while). I think everyone is different.

Also if you want to mix feed anyway for your night off, slightly less supply might be fine. I loved DH doing formula for the 10pm feed, didn’t start that til 10 weeks with DS but planning to do so much earlier this time. And I quite like your idea of an occasional night off where maybe I bf for that 10pm feed but not again til morning!

FusionChefGeoff Fri 25-Dec-20 23:35:10

I would be tempted just to wait it out until 6 weeks but otherwise sounds like a great plan to me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in