Talk

Advanced search

Any advice?

(3 Posts)
jollybobs89 Thu 12-Nov-20 10:27:58

DS is 7 month old and I feel like he's having too much milk in the night and not enough in the day.

So he'll have a bottle 8oz before bed at like 7 then he'll wake twice in the night for two more bottles!

But then in a morning he won't have his milk and could go till lunch time without it even if I offer it he'll refuse it point blank he's on 2 meals a day good appetite is this just a growth spurt or should I cut his night feeds?

If there's too much going on in the day he won't have his milk he could prob go all day on 2 bottles

Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
jollybobs89 Thu 12-Nov-20 21:07:27

Anyone ?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 20-Nov-20 12:38:48

It sounds as though you are right and he's "reverse cycling" which means he's taking in calories at night which he could get in the day.

This however is perfectly normal at this age and isn't a problem. Most babies do wake fir milk on the night, despite what some people would like you to believe.

If it's an issue for you, could your partner do one of the feeds or get him up and dressed in the morning so that you can have a little more sleep.

If it's really getting to you it might be worth looking up tips for dealing with reverse cycling too smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in