Talk

Advanced search

Bottle at bedtime? Advice needed

(2 Posts)
Wudgy Wed 14-Oct-20 10:25:14

My 8 weeks old baby is ebf and I’m considering starting a bottle of formula at bedtime 10:30 - until now I have been lifting her to feed at 10:30 but very sleepy and hard to feed without fully wakening and takes an hr. She normally goes to bed at 7:30 after a feed and if I let her go without lifting she wakes Herself at 11:30/12 which is too late for me to sit up waiting and if I go to bed at 10pm I feel worse wakening within an hr or so, hence why Iv been trying to feed her at 10:30 so I can then go to sleep and get a few hrs before she’s wakes 2/3am.
Question is if I breast feed her at 7/ 7:30 and if she gets formula at 10:30 will my boobs settle with this skipped feed until she’s wakes at 2/3am? I have never been able to get much pumping hence why it has to be a formula bottle. Any advice ?

OP’s posts: |
ClaraLane Wed 14-Oct-20 10:27:33

Can you go to bed at 9pm instead and get a couple of hours sleep in that way?

If you give a bottle of formula then yes your supply will eventually adjust but you may be a bit engorged in the meantime. You also need to make sure you’re pace feeding the bottles which won’t be much quicker than breastfeeding her.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in