Talk

Advanced search

What's the best drinking cup your baby used?

(8 Posts)
VixenAndCub Tue 13-Oct-20 14:56:19

Parents, I need some advice. What kind of sippy cups did you use for your kids? The current toddler cup I have is absolutely rubbish. Non spill? Yeah until it gets dropped on the floor and spills in seconds...even on carpet.

I'm looking into the next step before the open cup. My son knows what to do with an open cup, but just pours it all over himself so he needs to learn water control.

Seen these Munchkin 360 cups but getting mixed thoughts on it because apparently they're hard to drink from and need sucking like a bottle rather than freeflow? I've seen the other type that has a straw part but wouldn't that just keep him further back from an open cup?

Just wondering what you guys used. Since Google insists it's a travesty if my kid can't use open cup by 18 months 🙄

OP’s posts: |
mynameiscalypso Tue 13-Oct-20 15:03:28

Ah, yes, the endless quest. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly DS learnt to drink from the 360 cup because I thought it was quite tricky but he's fine with it. It's not really leak proof though. We're currently using a munchkin cup that has a straw and a little box for treats (although we don't use the latter yet). I think it's called a SnackCatch and Sip? Seems to pretty good and easy to use so far (and stops DS using my water bottle).

mynameiscalypso Tue 13-Oct-20 15:04:31

Oh and we use an open cup with meals. I only ever put a tiny bit of water in it at a time.

babysnowman Tue 13-Oct-20 15:06:06

The Munchkin cup is the best one we've used, with any other one we've tried she just tips the water out.

babysnowman Tue 13-Oct-20 15:07:52

The Munchkin 360 that is

m4d0 Tue 13-Oct-20 15:09:34

I think we have most types in the house!!!! We use a variety still and my DS it 2 abs a half we have a 360 though ours isn't the munchkin one I think they are much of a muchness!! We use open cups sometimes at mealtimes and have one with a straw too which is useful when out. Also use a tommee tipper cup for milk. Find variety useful as means he can drink properly but when not practical have other options

TeddyIsaHe Tue 13-Oct-20 15:09:57

Dd had a Doidy cup, and by 1 was drinking from normal (plastic) water cups and now at 3 uses bog standard glasses. I didn’t like sippy cups (I don’t know why!!) but her nursery only used open cups so it seemed the way to go.

They learn quickly and as Dd only ever drank water it never mattered if it was tipped over.

bloodywhitecat Tue 13-Oct-20 15:10:07

Munchkin 360, my little one had no problems using it and now drinks from an open cup at mealtimes. We had the Tommy Tippee one but I found it leaks when dropped but the Munchkin one doesn't. I got mine for £5 in Tesco the other week.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in