Talk

Advanced search

Combi feeding

(3 Posts)
cgsmum Wed 07-Oct-20 14:27:24

Hi,

I've just gone back to work and the plan was to express a couple of times a day to keep my 8 month old on breastmilk til he was around 1. However, when I express I'm hardly getting any milk (it's the first time I've tried pumping during the day as I've never been bothered!) Due to Corona, I'm only in the office twice a week, and WFH the rest of the time, so can easily pop down to feed him (husband is on leave) so I don't think I really need (and don't want to) drop the BFing in the day altogether.

What have been peoples' experiences of introducing the odd bottle of formula as a top up? Is it easy enough to switch between the two?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

OP’s posts: |
Nosleeptilteenagers Wed 07-Oct-20 14:35:55

I went back to work 4 days per week at 9 months with my eldest. I couldn’t pump in the day, nothing came out but found I could at about 5am so I did about 6 weeks of pumping at 5 then feeding her myself at 7.30am and then she had the bottle I made at 5am at nursery and I fed her when I got home 5ish if she wanted it and before bed. I fed normally 3 days a week and never had an issue.

I did 6 weeks then I started leaving formula for nursery instead of the 5am pump, she didn’t care. My supply was fine throughout. She was a bottle refuser though so she had a cup. stopped feeding her at 1.

cgsmum Wed 07-Oct-20 15:58:46

That's good to know, thank you. I get quite a good amount early morning too, so maybe I'll just try that...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in