Talk

Advanced search

Breast pad recommendations?

(7 Posts)
PhoneAddict Mon 05-Oct-20 07:28:09

Hello, I'm just trying to get organised, I'm due to have my baby in 3 weeks.

Does anyone have any recommendations for re useable breast pads? I used disposable last time but they don't feel very environmentally friendly (and they were rather sweaty with the plastic backing!). I have huge boobs, whenever I look at descriptions for products a few seem to say they're suitable for smaller breasts? Would love some advice!

OP’s posts: |
TeddyIsaHe Mon 05-Oct-20 10:16:52

I used bamboo breast pads (cheapies from Amazon) and I am not small of boob! I found they’re so much more absorbent than disposable ones, so the size didn’t really matter. They’re lovely and soft and super nice on sore nips.

Caspianberg Wed 07-Oct-20 08:34:38

Definitely washable. I have 10 pairs and still use daily at 5 1/2 months so well worth it. That seems the right number to allow for washing, changing when needed and spare in changing bag.

I think little lamb maybe have two different sizes?

DemolitionBarbie Wed 07-Oct-20 08:50:44

I also have huge boobs. I was given some washable pads but found they floated off course, would fall out randomly, generally were annoying.

When feeding, I used to stick a muslin in my bra on the non-feeding side, otherwise tbh I just leaked a bit but washed my tops daily. I was only leaky for a couple of weeks.

Iheardit Thu 08-Oct-20 12:00:51

Don’t get boots reusable ones, They hardly hold any milk. Not found good ones yet currently use a Muslim like above (although I have small boobs)

PhoneAddict Thu 08-Oct-20 21:41:44

Thank you for the advice! I've stuck some bamboo ones in my Amazon basket for the time being but will be having a look at the alternatives!

OP’s posts: |
AHPforthe123 Fri 09-Oct-20 20:16:56

I’ve got a three week old and have pretty big boobs. Using close pop in re-usables and so far so good. Cheapest place I’ve found them are on amazon.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in