Talk

Advanced search

Well that shut HER up........think she needs a bit more volunteering experience......

(7 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 04-Oct-07 19:51:52

before she gets too heavily involved with mums with babies/pg women.

Went to a "meet the team" cup of coffee (and teacakes grin) this morning at the Sure Start Children's Centre adjoining DS2's nursery.

There was only 2 parents that turned up - me and a friend. Anyhow, conversation turned to alsorts, Brining up baby - including "the wicked witch".....not my term I hasten to add wink. And breastfeeding.

Now I should add I was there with DS3, 4 months, had no bag with me at all (well I was only planning on dumping DS2 and going straight home - not spending the morning nattering and drinking coffee) and DS3 didn't need a feed of any description while we were there.

Anyhow, this volunteer pipes up "I would NEVER give a baby of mine a bottle" (after it had already emerged that my DS3 is mainly bottlefed and that she BF all 5 of her children - but didn't like feeding public). My friend then pipes up - yes but you HAVE breastfed DS3 and played the organ for a Sunday morning service at the same time.

Volunteer just sat there and wasn't really quite sure what to say - while one of the Centre workers said "oooh can you do it again and take a photo - would make an excellent advert for BF'ing being possible anywhere" LOL.

naturalblonde Thu 04-Oct-07 19:54:15

LOL grin

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 04-Oct-07 22:20:33

yes - I laughed about it afterwards - but she did rather p*ss me off at the time - usually I'm not bothered by people who've successfully exclusively breastfed all 20 wink of their children and are (rightly) proud to announce it - it was the way she made the comment that irked me at the time. (though amazingly - for me - I kept my mouth shut wink)

williamsmummy Thu 04-Oct-07 22:26:39

that poor baby, who wants to eat and sit near a church organ at the same time, those pedals going up and down doesnt help the digestion!!!

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 04-Oct-07 22:29:46

nooo - they don't move at all when playing the church organ - it's playing the piano and bf'ing that produces milkshake grin

edam Thu 04-Oct-07 22:36:13

What a very rude woman. Glad she was put in her place. I b/f but would never dream of implying any criticism of anyone else.

I still sometimes want to shoot the nasty, bullying midwives who made it impossible for my sister to b/f while piling on the emotional blackmail about how awful bottlefeeding is.

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 04-Oct-07 22:41:55

I'm not bothered by it at all now (infact I feel quite sorry for her) - she's only just started volunteering there - and has a lot to learn.....I'm a pretty tough character and the fact that I didn't managed to BF DS2 at all and that DS3 only got 3 weeks of exclusive BF'ing before we gradually moved over to almost totally FF doesn't really bother me. But I could imagine that someone who isn't happy with the fact that they've ended up FF'ing could have been pretty upset by it.

Felt quite wierd actually - there were 6 of us in the room - and I was on the only who had 1 or more babies that had ever taken a bottle - the others were like me with DS1 (BF) and their EBM when down the sink LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now