Talk

Advanced search

Sore/tender breast

(5 Posts)
MurderousMaveta Thu 04-Oct-07 19:33:41

I have a really sore breast, can anyone advise? Yesterday I left my breast pump at work and when I got home ds had been fed so by the time I gave him a wee bedtime top up at 7pm they´d been full since 12.30pm! He didn´t even nearly empty them but they were comfortable enough. In the night he fed a couple of times but nothing major. This morning my right breast was really full and tender, now I´ve been trying to feed him off it all day but the top part still feels firm and tender. Should I be worried? Should I do anything? It´s not firm like rock hard just as in if it was really full of milk, but it´s just the top part, not the whole breast. It kind of feels swollen I guess.

Advice?

MurderousMaveta Thu 04-Oct-07 20:29:32

anyone?

spookthief Thu 04-Oct-07 20:34:06

Sounds like a blockage. Heat, massage and "combing"from swollen placet to nipple required! Also Ibuprofen is good if there is pain or redness.

I found a hot bath and massage/hand expressing in the water really helpful. A session with your breast pump may also help.

spookthief Thu 04-Oct-07 20:35:25

PS deal with it tonight. It could develop into mastitis but if you are thorough with dealing with the blockage you can usually avoid it.

MurderousMaveta Thu 04-Oct-07 20:37:57

well I thought I should do something tonight that´s why I´m desperate for advice! I don´t have the pump, it´s still at work (i didn´t work today)

will get on the massage now.. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now