Talk

Advanced search

Can't believe the advice my HV has just given me!

(12 Posts)
SharpMolarBear Wed 03-Oct-07 16:16:41

DS is 23 weeks and hasn't put on any weight since last week. He's dropped quite a bit of weight since he had a D&V bug about 6 weeks ago and has dropped down the chart to just above the 2nd line, from the 25th. Despite this, I'm happy that he's healthy, feeding and sleeping well.
The Hv said she wasn't worried, and that one week was probably too little gap. I then asked whether she would recommend weaning him, and she said no - to wait until the end of this month! Helped me feel a lot more reassured. I wonder if she MNs?

chipmonkey Wed 03-Oct-07 16:39:21

A good HV? (((faints)))

SharpMolarBear Wed 03-Oct-07 16:57:51

she is

Mossy Fri 05-Oct-07 21:31:59

Lol you're not in St Helens are you? Can't believe there's more than one out there!!

TheArmadillo Fri 05-Oct-07 21:33:34

I had a really good HV in Bristol. They are out there grin

peskipixie Fri 05-Oct-07 21:35:33

i have one too! doesnt even weigh baby if they are happy and look well, and even advised me not to top up when i wobbled. i love her

SharpMolarBear Fri 05-Oct-07 21:43:29

There must be a secret band of them out there! She has given me some odd advice in the past (squeeze as much milk into him as you can, then he'll go for 4 hours between feeds, this at 10 days old hmm), but apart from that she has been fantastic, reassuring, and has been really encouraging about bf. I assumed that when they got to about 3 months the answer for any problem would be formula top up or food, but that hasn't been the case.

loler Fri 05-Oct-07 21:59:09

Mine's fantastic too - told me that if ds2 (5 weeks now) was weeing and pooing and growing out of clothes then there's no need to weigh him. Keep expecting the baby police to wizz in everytime I tell people that having got a clue how heavy he is now (why are people so obsessed?).

Unfornunately she's just left to go to medical school - I guess on the bright side in 7 years they'll be a good doctor out there

SharpMolarBear Fri 05-Oct-07 22:09:26

The problem with frowing out of clothes is that I tend to shrink DS's in the drier. He's 6 months and in clothes for a 2yo

SharpMolarBear Fri 05-Oct-07 22:09:52

frowing - I meant growing of course, time for bed I think

pistachio Fri 05-Oct-07 22:26:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kiskidee Fri 05-Oct-07 23:47:54

lots of majical component in cow's milk pistachio.

for baby cows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now