Talk

Advanced search

Alternating nights with partner - will this impact supply?

(3 Posts)
Jr9901 Tue 04-Aug-20 20:49:01

My daughter is 6.5 months and has been waking (at least) 2 hourly for the last 3 months. My husband has a few weeks off work until he starts his next project so to help me we’ve been alternating the night shift, where I do one night myself with approx 3 breastfeeds then he does the other where he gives her 1 bottle of formula in the night (she still has a bedtime breastfeed).

On my nights off I express once before bed but I don’t express each time she would usually feed or I’d be up half the night and not resting! Is this ok or will this likely impact my supply? I just feel I desperately need to catch up on sleep while I have the chance but don’t want to stop breastfeeding yet.

OP’s posts: |
Harrysmummy246 Tue 04-Aug-20 21:34:02

By this point it should be well established, especially if you're not feeling like you're going to explode by the morning but at that age, I was just going to sleep early when DS did so I got enough chunks of sleep even with BF and DH would take him down for an hour or so in the morning, sat in high chair while he had breakfast etc then deliver him back when ready for a snuggly BF nap with me.
But after 4 mo, Bottle at bedtime or overnight wasn't acceptable apparently

I think I'd have preferred to get husband to take her for chunks of the day e.g. across a meal time and sleep then

OnlyFoolsnMothers Tue 04-Aug-20 21:43:25

Shouldn’t be an issue at 6 months.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in