Talk

Advanced search

urgent question - help!

(5 Posts)
sleepbabysleep Mon 01-Oct-07 15:26:14

It's my first day back at work and i normally bf on demand which works out normally as every 3 or 4 hours. today my mum gave him a bottle at 12pm and dh still hasn't given him a second bottle (4.20pm our time) cos he said ds isn't asking for it. Should we wait for him to ask or just give? He never normally goes more than 4 hours between feeds when bf/ing. he's 5 months.

HELP!!

cmotdibbler Mon 01-Oct-07 15:31:37

A lot of babies will hold out for the real thing, and make up their milk intake when they are with you. DS certainly dropped EBM feeds before he would go without a booby feed at the same time.

DoctorFrankenSquonk Mon 01-Oct-07 15:31:59

first of all, try to calm down. He will ask for it when he wants it.

Secondly, they often take more from a bottle than they do from you, so he is probably just full.

And, if your mum gave him formula, this has a different consistency to bm, so it has probably filled him up a bit more.

And you said he goes 3 - 4 hours, it's only been four and a half hours, it's not too long.

Try not to worry, he will be fine.

sleepbabysleep Mon 01-Oct-07 15:37:07

lol - am feeling very hectic today, hence the rushed sound of my post. thanks for the info..

DoctorFrankenSquonk Mon 01-Oct-07 15:37:47

first day back at work is ALWAYS going to be stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now