Talk

Advanced search

A really stupid question about breast feeding

(6 Posts)
NippleHairGrower Sun 30-Sep-07 01:10:19

hi all

I have changed my name because i'm a bit blush to ask this, but here goes.

If you have hairy nipples and want to breastfeed, do you have to pluck them? Will the hairs put the baby off from sucking?

Sorry if i'm being dumb or stupid.

TIA!

KristinaM Sun 30-Sep-07 01:21:45

sorry i dont have an answer to your question...but just wanted to say there is no such thing as a stupid question, especially about Bf

lots of us didnt knwo any other muums in real life who had breast fed, so you can often be stuck for someon to ask. espcially if you have an embarassing question. i have had lots of help here on bf

hope soemone coems along soon who can help you

Spidermama Sun 30-Sep-07 01:41:39

I can't imagine it would put the baby off. I would think you'll be fine. Give it a go. After all there are hairier mamals than us and their babies seem to manage. smile

andiem Sun 30-Sep-07 09:22:01

it doesn't put them off but I pluck because I don't like them myself grin

tiktok Sun 30-Sep-07 09:54:10

I am a breastfeeding counsellor and I have seen several women with hairy nipples - it doesn't seem to affect babies at all, though the mums I know mostly pluck away the longer ones.

NippleHairGrower Sun 30-Sep-07 12:27:19

thanx for your replies. I normally pluck them away too coz i dont like them, but didn't want it to put baby off if i missed any!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now