Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP! 17mth dd biting then tantruming to go back on when I take her off!

(5 Posts)
ally90 Sat 29-Sep-07 12:30:10

Okay...scenario...

BF dd in bed first thing. Then when she has finished, she bites down, previously removing her and then not letting her back on (and shouting rather loudly as her teeth clamped down) stopped her. Now she starts hurting me ie pinching my face or neck hard then when I stop her and calmly tell her hurting others is wrong, she then turns on herself and starts pinching at her face v hard, and then I tell her hurting herself is wrong too.

Is this normal?? Where am I going wrong??? Maybe I am rough with her when I put finger in mouth to ease her teeth open again...?

ally90 Sat 29-Sep-07 13:13:53

Bump?

determination Sat 29-Sep-07 13:19:31

Have you tried calmly saying "no" then leaving the situation with no more eye contact or speaking. This type of behaviour calls for no reasoning. If she tantrums let her until she calms then reiterate that it was wrong

ally90 Sat 29-Sep-07 13:35:03

Hi Determination (good name!)

Did that early on with her, did work, then didn't. Yes, I am reasoning with her aren't I! Did not think of that. Will try a firm 'no' (probably with gritted teeth and squeaky voice) and get out of bed as after I cover boobs she fights to uncover them...then she starts with the pinching...

thanks for advice!

Niecie Sat 29-Sep-07 13:45:11

Definitely put her down and turn away or walk away. DS2 was a little like this but I think he was coming to the end of b/f didn't really want to do it any more. He was about the same age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now