Talk

Advanced search

How do you send in formula to nursery?

(4 Posts)
Mangomumma Fri 03-Jul-20 21:22:22

DD is starting nursery shortly & I'm not sure the best way of sending in formula. She's combo fed & has bottles in the day & breastfeeds at night & first thing. I usually make bottles fresh in the day as she needs them but I don't know what to do about nursery.

Do I send in pre-made bottles which they can reheat? Or pre-measured water & formula powder separate? I know you're meant to make them fresh with hot water but our nursery requires everything to be pre-measured/made. I'd like to avoid liquid formula as it's quite expensive.

How do you send in your baby's milk to their nursery/childminder etc?

OP’s posts: |
Lightbulbs Fri 03-Jul-20 21:39:53

I just send in an unopened box of formula powder. They should have the facilities or a 'milk kitchen' to prepare and make the bottles as and when they are needed. I also brought in a couple of empty bottles my little prefers but leave them there.

tappitytaptap Sun 05-Jul-20 22:48:17

I used to send the ready made stuff for DS1 (DS2 would not entertain a bottle and so has never had any formula) but it wasn’t too expensive as he went 2 days a week at 9 months old so had 2 bottles of it a day for a month then cut down his day feeds dramatically. DS2 I had to pump for a month in case he wanted milk at nursery as he’d never had formula and I wanted to make sure he had something there, he started at 11 months and nursery refused to give cows milk until he was 1 🤦🏻‍♀️

Mangomumma Tue 07-Jul-20 10:12:34

Thanks! Our nursery requires pre-made bottles (either liquid or powder etc already measured). I might just have to buy liquid stuff.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in